Versatile Crosser

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

solarider

by solarider

Just finished building up this for the winter.

Seven Tsunami (now known as the Mudhoney SL), ENVE forks, King Ti headset, Super Record groupset, Pauls Neo Retros, Seven Titanium stem, Zipp SL bars, Moots Seatpost, XTR pedals, King Ti Cages.

I had 2 sets of Ambrosio Nemesis built onto DT 190 hubs with CXRays shod with Rhinos and Pave 27's which make the bike a perfect versatile crosser and trainer. I also have a third identical set (man I love these wheels!) with Griffo semi slicks in waiting for some dry and dusty conditions (many months away!).

The summer bike is now well and truly moth-balled until Spring. Still, can't beat a gratuitous picture anyway! Makes the Seven look positively anorexic, but super light and super stiff. The Tsunami is 4 years old, but tubing diameters, headsets and bb's have really moved on.

Waiting on a Colnago Master 30th in AD10 Mapei blue to build as a fair weather play bike ready for next year. Can't wait, but you can't rush those Italians!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kamil1891

by kamil1891

Very jealous about your bikes! Hope I could have both of them, perfect combo for any weather :)

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Somehow I forgot to mention I like your Seven a LOT when I looked over your topic the first time. Very subtle tubing on the frame and great spec. Big fan of the green Pave tubulars combined with the titanium frame. No so much a fan of the MOOTS though. If it were me, I would just ride the Seven all the time. But that just me :wink: .

JordanGbbns

by JordanGbbns

Lovely build.

Does the fork suffer from any judder under braking?
Looks like a big ole brake cable down to the yoke..
Acceptable at a dance. Invaluable in a shipwreck.
www.rouleur.cc

solarider

by solarider

Thanks

No brake judder at all. Toe-in the pads properly (which is simple with the Paul's brakes) and I have never had a problem.

The Moots is a lovely riding bike, but I think that Seven put more thought into their design. The s shaped stays reduced ankle clip, which the straight stays on the Moots does suffer from. The seat clamp is better designed. The machined headtube is neater. Also, the finish on the Seven is more durable and easier to maintain. I have 8 Sevens and this was my first Moots. Nicely welded for sure, but think I would stick with Seven in future.