Wilier Cento1 SL Build - Now 6.14kg 5/8/13

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

locktopus

by locktopus

Why the switch from Zipp to 3T?

*nevermind, just read through the entire last page. :)

Looks great!

by Weenie

thatdkid

by thatdkid

Imaking20 wrote:Archetype hoops, pink CK hubs, sapim lasers and race (DS). 1510g. Heavier than I would have liked but oh well.

How does the wheelset ride?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Imaking - Love the Archetype build.....very similar to mine except I have red BHS hubs. Mine came out around 1420g, however, I wish mine were pink now.....

Imaking20

by Imaking20

The wheels are OK. I wouldn't go with this build again. For the price premium on CK hubs I don't think they're worth it over plenty of options out there. I didn't realize at the time of ordering that the hoops had such a pronounced ridge in the middle of them - and they're heavier than I'd like. My wife would have them but the pink doesn't go with her bike.

Paired with 25mm Vittorias and latex tubes I have no complaints about the comfort and they do look sweet. The anodized brake track has held up much, much better than I expected. I've got well over 1k miles on them so far and you have to put your face within a foot of the wheel to notice any discoloration on the brake tracks at all... and that mostly came from one ride in the wet.
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2