Canyon Ultimate CF 6.8kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

EKIMIKE

by EKIMIKE

Finally got this roughly where i wanted it. There's a good mix of fairly light parts with some solid, reliable but heavy bits on there too. I'm a student, therefore not exactly flush with money (yet!) so being able to replace things if something breaks/i crash is important for me. I ride a lot in Bristol when i'm there studying but this particular bike stays at home in Wiltshire where i stay in the summer - to be honest i'd love to take this up some of the hill around Bristol! I know there's a fair WW contingent from Bristol on here. The weight is as seen.

FRAME + FORK: Canyon Ultimate CF
SEATPOST: Canyon VCLS Post
STEM + BARS: Ritchey WCS Alu
TAPE: Deda
SADDLE: Charge Spoon

SHIFTERS + MECH'S: Campagnolo Centaur 10sp
CHAIN + CASSETTE: Campagnolo Veloce 10sp
CRANKSET: Campagnolo Chorus 11sp
BRAKES: Planet X Forged
BLOCKS: Corima

PEDALS: Time RXS Edge
CAGES: Tacx Tao Alu
SKEWERS: Planet X

RIMS: Hong-Fu 38mm Tubular 20/24
HUBS: DATI
SPOKES: Sapim CX-Ray
NIPPLES: Sapin Poly-Ax
TIRES: Schwalbe Ultremo HT

I got the bits for the wheels together and got a guy in London to true and tension them for me. Cost no more than £450 for the whole build. They've been out for 60miles this morning, so far so good. They're for the good weather only though! Nothing groundbreaking here but thought i'd share :beerchug:

tomgag

by tomgag

what saddle are you gonna get? Have you removed stem's decals?

Great bike, love canyons' minimalism.
IRONMAN 70,3 TARGET TIME 03:55

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EKIMIKE

by EKIMIKE

I'm pretty dialed in with the Charge Spoon to be honest, plus i've got one on my other bike. But it's damn heavy and i do have a Selle Italia SLR which weighs about 140g but no real reason to use it. I think i may try it out at some point though.

And yes, the stem got debadged. The Ritchey graphics really didn't fit in with the frame. Tempted to do the same with the bars...

el condor

by el condor

Congrats to your build, how do you like the ride? What about the saddle, comfy for longer distances? Enjoy!!
Cheers