Boardman Pro HT MTB breaks 22lbs barrier!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

chucklight

by chucklight

tomgag wrote:What about Ti and alu bolts? Alu will give you 50gr easily at the cheap.

I nearly upgraded all bolts due to the fact that summer in Dublin is so dry:) No corrosion after 12 months.

I do agree that Ti and alu bolts save plenty of weight but the outlay to weight payoff isn't that high if you're on a budget, I've a few on there already and will play around with the setup before I add any more.
Bike: 2012 Boardman HT Pro MTB - 21.838lbs / 9.906kg (for now...)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chucklight

by chucklight

02GF74 wrote:good work.

you can reduce the weight of the shifter cable, as long as there is enough slcakc for full movement of the bars.

also the frnot brake cable is way too long :shock: - shortening it is not too difficult - one nut to unscrew at the brake lever, cut hose to length. remove the crushed olive - I use a dremel disc to split it, then use a sharp knife to cut off the brake inner hose from around the barbed insert - you can reuse the insert - I've done it many a time. then fit a new olive and fit the insert - you need to hold the hose in special blocks (if you need a pair, PM and I'll send them to you, and may even pop in an olive for you) and push the insert in - I hold the blocks with pliers and use a small hammer for that - that is the most difficult part of the procedure. then push the hose in and do up the bolt. simples.

Hi mate, not been on here for a while so didn't see your response. I'm looking at shortening the brake cable at some point over the winter months, thanks for the description. I'll PM you about the parts you mentioned.
Cheers
Bike: 2012 Boardman HT Pro MTB - 21.838lbs / 9.906kg (for now...)