Ti roadie hot off the oven.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

elviento

by elviento

I will be at Interbike and see what happens.

Will have a sub $800 frame to quench some ti thirst.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Yeah it seems your right about BB30 cranks not fitting a BB386 frame, I was confused, it seems you can get adapters for it to work the other way, a BB386 crank in a BB30 frame. Its all about the width, BB30 is 68mm wide wheras BB386 86mm wide. I suppose it may be possible to fit a pseudo BB30 crank like a Vuma Quad or Rotor 3D+ as they have longer axles? I wouldn't want to stick an FSA crank on that beauty either :roll: So is any other manufacterer going to produce any BB386 chain sets then?
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Oversize HT on a bare finish I actually don't mind.

Well done mate.

Machinenoise

by Machinenoise

BeeBee30 wrote:Yeah it seems your right about BB30 cranks not fitting a BB386 frame, I was confused, it seems you can get adapters for it to work the other way, a BB386 crank in a BB30 frame. Its all about the width, BB30 is 68mm wide wheras BB386 86mm wide. I suppose it may be possible to fit a pseudo BB30 crank like a Vuma Quad or Rotor 3D+ as they have longer axles? I wouldn't want to stick an FSA crank on that beauty either :roll: So is any other manufacterer going to produce any BB386 chain sets then?

Lightning cranks are pseudo bb386 compatible too. 86mm spindle from spider to NDS crank arm and 30mm diameter spindle, but you need to get the bearings flush to the frame edge for it to fit, as they tend to have a 1-2mm lip each side to ensure the bearings stay put. If you mill/ grind the lip off and insert a plastic internal spacer to keep the bearings in place and it should work. (in theory at least!)

Pimpdaddy

by Pimpdaddy

I like it, bar tape and all :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Ride faster not harder!

eteodoro

by eteodoro

Very nice bike! I want one ti seatpost for me where I can found one like yours? :D

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Bellissima.

:thumbup:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

michel2

by michel2

Looks very nice indeed, what diameter down tube did u use, it looks substantial ! Could I ask for a picture ? If so could we have a photo(closes up) of the right side dropout ? I'm curios to find out how it looks (; I must have a thing for dropouts, but don't tell the misses! (;

elviento

by elviento

Thanks for your comments, gentlemen.

Here are a couple of more details, along with a dropout shot...

Down tube is 45mm, a 35g weight penalty over size 40mm tube but works well with a BB386 shell and lots of confidence on a descent.
Attachments
IMG_4886a.JPG
IMG_4030a.JPG
IMG_4041a.JPG
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com

michel2

by michel2

elviento wrote:I will be at Interbike and see what happens.

Will have a sub $800 frame to quench some ti thirst.

Are suggesting something like this would be avelible for less than 800$ ?

HillRPete

by HillRPete

elviento, I have found this frame on Ebay, along with the other (planned?) offerings.

What are the chances for the "hobby" line to get tyre clearance up to, say, 35mm, and a disc option?

elviento

by elviento

Well, I am working on a Cyclocross model which will have different geometry. Definitely will be disc-ready. No V brake bosses. I am getting some tips from one of the Rabo boys so that's pretty cool. I'd like to get a 1.5 tapered head tube but it costs way too much to have anything tapered on ti, so I need to figure that out.

Michel2, the $800 frame will be straight gauge everything with road geometry.

wassertreter wrote:elviento, I have found this frame on Ebay, along with the other (planned?) offerings.

What are the chances for the "hobby" line to get tyre clearance up to, say, 35mm, and a disc option?
www.falcobike.com