Remove

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mdusink

by mdusink

-
Last edited by mdusink on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MiloAS

by MiloAS

Those wheels look pretty aero for their depth. How do they ride?

mdusink

by mdusink

The wheels are 35mm deep and for my weight (74kg), they hold up very good. No percievable flex. Braking in the dry is perfect, even better compared to aluminium. I use black prince pads (not the evo's). In the wet, they take longer to shed the water, but braking is sufficient. Whould I use these in the steepest decent in the dry? Yes. In the wet? yes, but i'll be braking a whole lot more. The rims came in on the exact weight as described. Their basalt braking surface is an noticeable improvement, although not ground braking.

Final disclamer. I haven't ridden huge amounts of different carbon wheels, so take this as a single sample experience. :)

alexapi32

by alexapi32

How much would the bare frame weigh? And what about the fork?
I'm thinking of getting one. Saw a 2012 model in the ads today with campy superrecord...

mdusink

by mdusink

Well, the 1120 grams I wrote about might be the bare frame. I wrote it down from memory. And the fork must be around 370. Point being, these are not very light frames. They are however very comfortabele and stiff. That's what I notice whenever I build and ride another bike.

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

Very nice setup. Good to hear positive reviews on the Basalt surface since I have been considering picking up a set of the 24mm china clinchers with a Bitex hubset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com