Colnago Special EPQ

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

system787

by system787

Wow, this is truly a one-of-a-kind build. Absolutely stunning.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

*Awesome*. Love it.

Those wheels wouldn't look right on a sloping 'nago, but they look perfect on this. Well done for being brave enough - and if you ever want to drop the weight Hyperons would look amazing with those same tyres on too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Agree!

Love the cockpit also. The red bolt... :thumbup:

eurperg

by eurperg

Beautiful build with lots of nice pics and interesting story about the frame, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

The Campione bars look beautiful.

Roobay

by Roobay

what great looking well balanced build
one of this years best builds :thumbup:
how does it compare to the C59 :noidea:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

ross

by ross

So nice 8)

LionelB

by LionelB

Great looking bike. Have the same wheels and glued the same tires on. You never get tired of the carpet ride.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Those wheels are stunning! As is the atention to detail on the whole bike. Awesome work :beerchug:

xFree

by xFree

:thumbup: Superb!

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Really beautiful, congratulations, makes me crave for one more Colnago, but I must resist ( I am also a colnagoholic )

And fully agree about the wheels.
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

BikeTart wrote:*Awesome*. Love it.

Those wheels wouldn't look right on a sloping 'nago, but they look perfect on this. Well done for being brave enough - and if you ever want to drop the weight Hyperons would look amazing with those same tyres on too!

Thanks BikeTart, I would love to try the Hyperons some day, but I still think I'd prefer these on this build. Something about those glistening spokes and the Ambrosio rims that speaks to me on this build. While Hyperons would be great for getting up the cols you still have to get down. I'm between 195 and 200lbs (88-90kg), and for me safety trumps lightness, usually. At this point if I had to choose which wheels I'd rather be on at 50mph down a long fast descent, it'd be the Ambrosios. If there were no turns and perfect roads, I'd choose the Boras (fast fast fast). Maybe I'll elaborate later on this. But so far I am really enjoying these wheels. Over the next few weeks I'll be trying out different wheels on both the C59 and this bike. Just want to make sure the differences I'm feeling are all the wheels and not the frames. I suspect that if I could ride blindfolded, and the same wheels were on both bikes I would not be able to tell the difference.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

eurperg wrote:Beautiful build with lots of nice pics and interesting story about the frame, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

The Campione bars look beautiful.

Thanks Eurperg, Don't know if you recall but I pm'd you about one of your photos in the "on the road today" section. That was quite some time ago now, but it really assured me I was on the right track with this build.
Here it is again...

Still love that scene, really captures the essence of cycling just for sake of it. And really like your recent Bottechia build as well.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Roobay wrote:what great looking well balanced build
one of this years best builds :thumbup:
how does it compare to the C59 :noidea:

Thanks Roobay, I'll get back to you on the comparison after more miles have been logged. But like I mentioned in a previous post, I suspect if I could ride blindfolded and the wheels were the same, I'm not sure I'd be able to tell the difference. Very little difference structurally between the two frames and the geometries are identical.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I could not bring myself to read your explanation last page Cal, sorry. My eyes glazed over :lol:

But in one sentence, could you please tell me where the EPQ sits in terms of the Colnago range? Or, if it's easier, how it differs from the EPS?