Updated SystemSix - new cockpit added

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

You may have read my other thread regarding fitting a Control Tech Unit stem to jack the front end up on my SuperSix as the forks were cut too short to add spacers, well I chanced upon a cheap set of Carbon Concept forks on Ebay UK that claimed to have a 1.5 lower race and although skeptical as there is nothing on their website relating to them they duly arrived and indeed did have a 1.5" lower race although it did take a little work with a file to get the crown race on. With the extended steerer they weigh just under 100g more than the proper SystemSix forks I took off, but as they only cost me £70 pounds odd I can live with that until the possibility of a cheap set of original forks turns up. They also have a 43 rake as opposed to the Cannondale 45, but I can't feel any difference. I ordered the conical spacer off Chelmer Cycles yesterday and it turned up today, John is the man there 8) . I must admit, the headtube with the conical spacer attached does look a little like a grain silo lol. I had Sram Force on this before, but since fitting 7900 to my Litespeed I decided I much prefered the shape of the levers so managed to pick up the levers and rear mech super cheap. And as detailed in another thread, the Sram Red front mech works perfectly with the Dura ace levers :D All up weight is 15.8Ibs, not too shabby for an everyday workhorse. Just gotta get a more comfy saddle, I'm not digging the Toupe any more. :(
Last edited by BeeBee30 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

:drooll: Ya know, if you put SRAM on it it would be a ride fit for kings... (lol, beaut of a bike btw)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

I've just taken Sram off :lol:
Ti or dye!

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

:gasp: Blasphemy! LOL, I just got SRAM on my bike this racing season, and I love it. I haven't ridden Dura-Ace, or any of the new stuff, but I do dearly love SRAM. Just thought I'd mess with ya a bit. Loverly bike :D

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Couple of upgrades courtesy of the 'Bay, Antares saddle same as I'm running on my Archon C1, my bum loves me now :lol: Got a really good deal on the Bonty X-lite Aero's, never been a big fan of the paired spoke concept and the fact they are 16 spoke front and rear concerned me, but as they were so cheap and on searching didn't really find any negatives I thought I'd give them a whirl and I must say I'm pretty impressed, plenty stiff for my not exactly svelte body and they feel super fast, knock spots off the ES's I had on there. I think they look good too 8) Just need a set of shallow drop bars now and I'm sorted. Oh yeah, its just nudged under the 15Ibs mark, 14Ib 15 to be exact!
Ti or dye!

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

New forks, managed to pick up a set of SuperSix Hi-Mod forks cheeeeeeep off Ebay :D I think the colour works quite well and the forks are a little lighter 8) Question, are Hi-Mod forks actually any different from standard SystemSix/SuperSix forks? Are they just badged up as Hi-Mod to match the frames, or are they actually Hi-Modulus carbon?
Ti or dye!

devinci

by devinci

impressive bar/lever reach

Some cannondale rings would be so, so much nicer

nice anyways

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Picked up some 7900 chainrings cheap, thought I'd see what they look like on the Hollogram crank, be cool if somebody could cnc a matching spider or even make a plastic/carbon fibre filling piece along the lines of what they use on the Scapula fork.
Ti or dye!

Rumsas

by Rumsas

:thumbup:

devinci

by devinci

those rings with those cranks, for some reason, are so wrong...

Peter_E

by Peter_E

Great bike, but it really needs new chainrings. Doesn't the Stronglight CT2-rings look really good on those cranks?

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Finally got some shallow drop bars for my good old SuperSix, got a great deal on a Deda Trentacinque M35 carbon bar and alloy stem combo, figuring the ridiculously oversized 35mm diameter bar would suit the character of the SuperSix. Not expecting this setup to be especially light was pleasantly surprised when the combo was only 13grams heavier than the setup I took off! The bars were 238g in 46cm width as opposed to the cut down 46cm Eastons that were 216g, the 13cm stem was 133g as opposed to the 13cm Time that was 142g. Bit of a pain to fit as the cables are routed through the bars so I had to disconnect everything, but worth the effort, the shape feels a lot nicer than the Eastons I took off. I know that 35mm bars are hardly needed but I like the idea of having something a little different looking. The only issue is the graphics don't lend themselves well to being taped, I've taped them much further up than Deda suggests and still am not really happy with the look :( Image
Ti or dye!

KB

by KB

Nice one. For me, the look is better with the more rounded bars.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Thanks Kevin, they match my round belly!
Ti or dye!

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Hey CAADHEAD,
nice to see it's still get ridden and even updated!

I remember you gave me the virus when I saw your first version of that bike, 4 years ago!
Bought myself the same frameset! (there's something with the raw alu from cannondale!)

The new bars must be a great improvement position-wise.
:thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com