BMC + GURU

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

kgt wrote:Interesting that you prefer the heaviest of all. 8)

And why is that interesting? :noidea:

kgt

by kgt

Cause we are @ weight weenies :?:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

kgt wrote:Cause we are @ weight weenies :?:

So it is inevitable and imperative that someone prefer the lightest of their bikes..sounds reasonable to me :thumbup:

kgt

by kgt

I just notice the fact he prefers the Dogma (one of the most "hated" frames of this forum) over other much lighter frames. I am not the one who thinks lighter is better. I am among the few that believe Dogma is still a great frame. Sorry if I had to clear this up...

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

It's ok :beerchug:

benrosa

by benrosa

Hi kgt and carl

Actually I am the one who concern the overall outlook of the bike rather then the weight. All the bikes that I posted here is all my loves one. Thanks for you guys like it and give me nice comment

:welcome:

mrfish

by mrfish

Can you tell us what you particularly like or dislike about each bike?

benrosa

by benrosa

mrfish wrote:Can you tell us what you particularly like or dislike about each bike?

Hi mrfish sorry for replying late coz I was sick during these days. Shitty body. Here is my feeling

brand model comfort acceleration stability stiffness control

GURU RL 4 4 4 4 5
GURU Photon 4 5 5 4 3.5
Pinarello Dogma 60.1 3.5 4 4 5 5
BMC slr01 4 5 5 5 5
ZIPP 3001 4 3 5 5 5

This is only my personal opinion and also bikes are with differnent components which will affect the perfomance

mrfish

by mrfish

OK, so based on the scores you should be riding the BMC all the time as it's better than the others. But you don't, so can you give us a couple of sentences on what you like best about each bike? Thanks, as I appreciate comments from people who buy and ride these bikes much more than magazine testers who only have 100 words so barely cover the basics.

Example: On my Z5SL I think the frame is superb to ride, and I can't really fault it as it rides brilliantly uphill, downhill, while also soaking up bumps and rough surfaces. It's not super stiff, but a bit like a good steel frame as it flatters your riding. Apart from flying up the hills, the best thing is to ride it fast on some of the strada bianchi roads and over take MTBers who think they're riding off road :D It's built very conservatively, but when I put my CCUs on for dry main road riding they sharpen up the handling quite nicely, making the bike quite 'pointy', which is nice downhill. There are only a few things which could make an improvement:
- toeclip overlap, which irritates me when I make u-turns, but isn't otherwise an issue.
- the colour is a bit 2010 as I've built it with red highlights
- The BB30 bb needs more maintenance than a fit and forget standard bb.
- The frame doesn't take Di2 - need a different version for that

So I'd give it
ride / comfort 10
handling 8
acceleration 8
stiffness 7
weight 9

benrosa

by benrosa

mrfish wrote:OK, so based on the scores you should be riding the BMC all the time as it's better than the others. But you don't, so can you give us a couple of sentences on what you like best about each bike? Thanks, as I appreciate comments from people who buy and ride these bikes much more than magazine testers who only have 100 words so barely cover the basics.

Example: On my Z5SL I think the frame is superb to ride, and I can't really fault it as it rides brilliantly uphill, downhill, while also soaking up bumps and rough surfaces. It's not super stiff, but a bit like a good steel frame as it flatters your riding. Apart from flying up the hills, the best thing is to ride it fast on some of the strada bianchi roads and over take MTBers who think they're riding off road :D It's built very conservatively, but when I put my CCUs on for dry main road riding they sharpen up the handling quite nicely, making the bike quite 'pointy', which is nice downhill. There are only a few things which could make an improvement:
- toeclip overlap, which irritates me when I make u-turns, but isn't otherwise an issue.
- the colour is a bit 2010 as I've built it with red highlights
- The BB30 bb needs more maintenance than a fit and forget standard bb.
- The frame doesn't take Di2 - need a different version for that

So I'd give it
ride / comfort 10
handling 8
acceleration 8
stiffness 7
weight 9

ok then, I need to say about 2 things first, first my english is not as well as you guys, so maybe some sentenses you might be confuse. 2nd I am a lazy guy and busy as my work, I might try to write it seperately and need time to finish it, I hope u understand that. I am not a Pro and my cycling history is still very green, I can only tell u my feeling of these bikes.

BMC

This is my first bike that I purchased Jan this year. I rode XC before I go for my first road bike. I choose this bike the only reason is on sale. hahahaha. At that time I know nothing about the famous brands. I just want to buy the cheap and good reputation one.

I used all high end components coz I don't want to waste my time to upgrade my bike. (Unfortunaly the story end up I spend a lot of time and $$$ in collecting more bikes) I am 90kg at that moment so I can only choose 'fatfiber' for my bike. I don't want to crush and felt dead from my first bike. All 3T component (its look good) SMP seat (to prevent my ball crush) and Campy SR 11s groupset. (I love italian style)

whole bike is 6.4kg including pedals and computer. For a newbie the only feeling is light , acc and respond is fast. The sound coming out from the wheelset is cool. very hard indeed. I can maintain my speed with this bike easlier than the others(except the TT) flat road performance is very nice. uphill need more strength but smooth. The frameset stiffness is also give me confidence to ride fast. I begun to start my training after I fall in love with road bike. I used once for race and I got 37/167. I nearly crash on that day because that day rain heavliy and I race with my bare tire. Down slope is good, I tried 70km/h in rushing down the hill.

Actually I think this is already a pro bike for the pro to use it. I cannot imagine to add anything more to improve it. This is why the rating is high.

Mrfish if you wan to know more, pls feel free to ask me. :beerchug:

mrfish

by mrfish

Great stuff. Thanks! And your English is great.

benrosa

by benrosa

continue

Zipp 3001

When I searching to get my bike, I watched many website. One day I found out this black bike that stunned me. What a beauty!!! After I studied it I knew this bike is aging and must be hard to find one especially 3001. I spend time to watch ebay and many forums. I am quite sure at that time that I won't have chance to try this beauty
Attachments
Zipp3001TRISETUPsw.jpg

benrosa

by benrosa

Then one day I read a very old message that posted in one forum. As I remember that post is already 2 years. He want to sell his 3001 with many reply. I remember that post is not end with 'sold' , so I try to contact him and try my luck. wow, he give me reply and said that bike is still here. No67/100. The pic attached is the one the seller show me. At that time I still hv one concern, this bike might be too big for me to ride
Attachments
d54a5362_IMG_20111010_122215.jpg

benrosa

by benrosa

I bought this bike and change many components, first wheelset- I am afraid the spinergy wheels are too old for my weight. I also love to have my first disc wheel for myself. I choose FFWD is just because of the colour. I didn't study the weight and performance of it. Second, I change the saddle, as you can see I have no place for my bottle cage and I don't like to buy the Tri cage holding at the back of the seat rail. Selle Italia is the only choice for me. This bike is come with 2 beam for the rider. I change into the small beam but still is too big for me. Then I spend more money to upgarde this bike inorder to fit my size. I bought a new Zipp stem and use 80mm, the old one is 110. I change the crankset into aero crank. The length is 170 and is better than my old 172.5. After all the setting, the bike fit me very well.

Perfromance

The weight of this old carbon frame have no word to comment. But the aero design make me ride much more faster than the Road frameset. I can ride this bike to reach 40+km/h very easy and I can maintain this speed for quite a long distance. Acc is slow because of the weight. I also use this bike to climb, ok is bad, I mean my leg might not strong enough to ride this monster up to the mountain. Downhill is very hard to contorl, pls beware of the wind too. I had one time nearly blow off to the cliff. Flat road have nothing to say and this bike catch everyone eyeballs especially in CHINA.

This is a great bike to ride and for race. I don't know why UCI is still banned this bike for race. Great TT machine
Attachments
4afbfbedab64034f99fae39dafc379310a551d71.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wss03

by wss03

Have you set up your RXRS yet? I would love to see some pictures. :wink: