Three years ago I posted pics of my then new Parlee Z2
It was time for change. Driven by the fact I really, really, really
wanted Campag' EPS, I had to change the frame.
After a few months of faffing, I settled on another Parlee. So here it is
- a Z5sli, in pretty much the same finish as my Z2.
I'll admit I was nervous about changing from a bespoke Z2 to an off the shelf Z5, but I didn't need to worry. What Parlee have done with the Z5 is pretty special - I am really impressed with the handling and ride quality. Sharp but certain handling, coupled up with great feel and road surface damping. You know what's under the wheels, but if it's rough it doesn't shake your teeth out. It is a superb frameset.
* Parlee Z5sli medium, tall headtube
* Smart Enve 3.4 tubs, currently with a 12-29 block, but usually with a 11-25 (I'm off to do the Haute Route, seven days on 38x25 would destroy my knees!)
* 3T LTD cockpit and seat post - from my original Z2 build
* Selle Italia Kit Carbonia SLR saddle
In that configuration it weighs 6.5kg. Happy with that