My Colango EPS!! (First Colnago)-updated pics page4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

chocy

by chocy

Hello all,

I have been lurking here a while now with a few posts so far. I have been admiring all your crazy hot rides here and I am super psyched to contribute.

Until last year I have been riding Chinese genetic frame 015, which was a fine ride but left something to be desired when I test rode a Cervelo R3. Since then I was looking to buy a good frame that I could ride for a long time. Then I saw all the Colnagos on this forum and I decided that I wanted Colnago at some point in my life but I didn't think it was going to be this soon!! I got a crazy deal at Probikekit on this frame. (Let me just say I got the frame set for a little below what R3 frame set costs)
I know the color is not to everyone's taste and I was a bit hesitant to get it as It looked like there was too much going on, but I have to say the frame is absolutely gorgeous in real life. The detail is so amazing that even my wife appreciates the quality.

I just finished putting it together and it is at Mile 0. I will wait till first spring rain comes down and wash down salt and grimes on the road before taking this baby out for a ride. I really can't wait!!

I will be switching out Ritchey WCS Stem with Deda Sevicio Corsa Stem once I fine tune my fit and lock down on whether I want 110 or 120mm. I know to some 'Nago with SRAM is blasphemy, but I like SRAM. May be in a few years I will try out Campy as I plan on riding this baby for a long time.

The weight is not bad but not impressive. I think for a carbon frame it's a tank. (May be A can get Ti Skewer to get a few grams off)

Frame (with all the attachment sans headset) 1182g
Fork (Cut) 341g
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Fibra
Bar: Deda Zero 100
Stem: Ritchey WCS (to be replaced with Deda SC Zero)
Wheels: Reynolds Assault
Tire: Schwalbe Ultremo R1
Cable: Yokozuna Cableset.
Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace

Tabulated weight

Bike without pedals (7031g 15.5lbs)
Weight as configured in the picture (7486g 16.5 lbs)
Last edited by chocy on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
------------------------------------------------
My Colnago EPS http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83064&start=45

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

I like it. It's a bit 'tribal' looking, but not in a bad way. Way out there Colnago paint jobs are a good thing IMHO - without crazy paint it's not so different to any other bike.

Don't worry about the weight. 100g above the 'benchmark' is neither here nor there and will mean your bike doesn't self destruct when you drop it. Just buy a lighter minipump or trade in your shoes for a lighter model and you're done.

kgt

by kgt

If you remove the wheels decals and replace the ritchey stem with something more "italian" it will look much better.
This frame deserves it.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Nice traditional EPS!

Sorry, not forcing anything or criticising, but IMO, this gives the bike a much "cleaner" look...
Attachments
eps.JPG

Montana

by Montana

Congrats on your Colnago!!! :thumbup:

I agree with majklnajt -

You could just take the logo's off the stem - I have always felt the Colnogo paint jobs should be the focal point of the bike -

Enjoy!

DamoRider

by DamoRider

I too have always found Reynolds wheels a bit busy and overpowering on my set-ups, but they look good in basic black!

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Nice EPS ...!

Nice and exquisite camera and lens you used there too! :thumbup:

corky

by corky

yeah.... de-decal the wheels, the bike is over-powered with logos.

the setapost/saddle looks a little odd ....too much setback & then the saddle too far forward?

Never worry about the weight(heresay!) just thrash the thing to within an inch of it's life....

Roobay

by Roobay

i like it :thumbup:
maybe the decals on the wheels would go if they were mine :mrgreen:
:beerchug:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

chocy

by chocy

Thank you everyone for nice comments.

Looks like there is an overwhelming agreement that Reynolds stickers should go. I am not surprised since I was debating that myself. I think I will take them off and report back here. I may keep the sticker under the valve though. (Being timid here)

Majklnajt: Thanks for your photo edit. It gives me some idea. I like your enthusiasm also. Although I am not sure if I want to clean out my Colnago seatpost like that since it will take tons of effort to go through the clear coat and all that.

Kgt: I agree with you that stem should be Italian. I think I will erase logos on Richey stem. At least Until I get my Deda Stem. I think Deda logo will look good with painted patterns of the headset.

Maxxevv: Thanks!! Yeah I was into Photography before I got the photo gears I have now. Then I got the cycling bug!! I only seem to pick hobbies that want to empty my pocket!!

Corky: I know what you mean about the seat post and the saddle relationship. Funnily the Seatpost clamp and seat is on dead center on saddle rail marking. It just might be how it looks with SLR. The curve of the back is almost continuous. I haven't really done fine tunning on my fit yet so I will report back once everything is settled.
Last edited by chocy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------
My Colnago EPS http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83064&start=45

themountaintop

by themountaintop

She looks F A S T!!!! I have a feeling it's going to be crazy hard not to ride her until the season changes. Congrats on a killer new bike!

rico

by rico

You have a bit of work to do in terms of sorting out the stem and the saddle/post interface. Oh, and yeah the wheel decals need removing.

Good be good though. I'm giving it 7 out of 10... :)

maxxevv

by maxxevv

chocy wrote:
Maxxevv: Thanks!! Yeah I was into Photography before I got the photo gears I have now. Then I got the cycling bug!! I only seem to pick hobbies that want to empty my pocket!!

Tell me about it ! :lol:

I'm into photography as much as I'm into cycling. It really drains the pockets !

But the good thing about these 2 hobbies is that the 'spending' can be kept at bay if there's other needs. They are not the sort of stuff that you need to spend money on regardless you have the spare cash or not. Like say high-end marine aquariums, boats and even small propeller planes. Or for in Europe, owning Football Clubs ! :P

Westifer12

by Westifer12

+1 for removing the decals
Also, it hurts me a little bit seeing an EPS without Italian bits and pieces all over it :(

Still a great bike though!
2011 Trek Paragon 29er | Reba XX 120mm Fork | XX Drivetrain | 160mm White/Carbon Exiler CR Brakes | Thomson 90mm Stem & Post | Easton Monkey Lite Bar | X.9 Hubs to DT Swiss X470's | Schwalbe Rocket Rons

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

i like it with campy! Italian bike needs Italian parts :thumbup:
πατα τραβα ρε