New CAAD10 in Brooklyn

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

brooklynbrooks

by brooklynbrooks

I got my first "real" road bike this spring and have fixed it up a bit. It's a CAAD10 Ultegra. HED Ardennes SL Clinchers with Continental Grand Prix 4000s. Fizik Antares saddle with 3T Dorico LTD carbon seatpost. 3T ARX Team stem and Zipp Contour SL bars. I may upgrade the crank to a hollowgram next summer... In this configuration it weighs 15.75lbs.

Overall I love this bike. I've got a century planned for next weekend. Can't wait.

IMG_4620 edit small.jpg

by Weenie

jackfburns

by jackfburns

Just test-rode a CAAD10 today. Great bike. I dig the way you've built yours up - very nice.

Enjoy the ride.

brooklynbrooks

by brooklynbrooks

Thanks man. I can heartily endorse the CAAD10 if you are considering buying one. Great ride with a reasonable price tag.

simonanks69

by simonanks69

whats with the aero bottle cage?? :roll:
CARPE DIEM
Colnago C59 Italia GLBK
Up coming custom steel cyclocross :D

brooklynbrooks

by brooklynbrooks

The bottle cage is an Arundel Chrono aero bottle cage. I think it is pretty light and aero. Are aero bottle cages not cool?

munk93

by munk93

Well, it's not normal on a roadbike, but as long as you don't put any neongreen or yellow colors on your bike just to have "something special", then I think it's nice. You don't have to be traditional, as long as things doesn't get ugly. But if I were you I would take it down on a small road, and take some pictures from "eye-angle" down on the standing bike. (Use a couple of old spokes going up the crankaxle on the none-driveside) Let the crankarms follow the chainstays, and take of the computer for the pictures.

brooklynbrooks

by brooklynbrooks

Thanks for the photography tips! I'll take some better shots using your advice and upload them later this week. I think I do need to switch to traditional bottle cages. I like the aero one, but I can't fit two of them on my bike so my water supply is limited on a long ride. I'll be better off with two traditional cages instead of the one aero cage. Is it bad form to ride with a camelback hydration pack? :D

by Weenie

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yes.....it is bad. Nice ride you got there! Can't wait for the upgraded photographs!