Bianchi Oltre Super Record (Vacansoleil)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

duz10s

by duz10s

bearman wrote:I haven't taken them off and weighed them, but I should! What are your wheels like.... Fast? What PSI do you run them at?

I run same wheels at 120psi and love them, tuff as and roll really nice.
2015 RCA with Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

bearman wrote:I haven't taken them off and weighed them, but I should! What are your wheels like.... Fast? What PSI do you run them at?

I run Zipp 404 FC tubulars though. 25mm Vittoria CX at 110psi front, 120 back.
I like them. They handle great in sidewinds for their depth.

One thing I found odd on the Bianchi is the rear has a lot of space for the tire, but on the front there is not much room between the top of the tire and the brake. I'll go 23 in front, 25 in back.

bearman

by bearman

120psi! WOW, I run mine at 100, anything over and I find the ride to skitty. I've actually got to replace the brake pads this evening... its going to be a struggle.

I'm looking into getting some campy tubs for her soon. Doing an event called the alpine challegne next week too. 64,000ft of climbing, 780km, 6 days.

Don't just look at your bike... ride it!

Cronulla

by Cronulla

Saddle height from BB to top?

E777L

by E777L

Love your bike! I have the same one have gone Shimano DA/FSA drivetrain as raced by Vacansoleil-DCM. Also dreaming of replacing my Shimano DA CL24's with matching 1350g FFWD F6R wheels http://www.ffwdwheels.com/products/wheels/road-tubular/f6r-celeste

bearman

by bearman

Nice build, how you finding the bike? I've done a few thousand miles on it and have to say it puts a smile on face each time. Already looking foward to the summer so I can take it back to the French Alps! I wouldn't go the the ff wheels, do something different. I think its nice to have something more subtle and original...

Italian bikes are the best!

E777L

by E777L

Waiting for summer? It's MY turn first here in Australia!!! :P

I am in love with the bike, the best I have ever had. My previous one was a 2005 Giant TCR that, in comparison, feels as rigid as a noodle. We are slowly coming out of winter but I have already ridden over 600mi in 17 outings (short rides and still recovering from an accident). Be that as it may, it is a sexy beast to behold and perv at!

My interest in the celeste FFWD is more to do with wanting a 100% team replica. Unfortunately the Australian distributor, FRF Sports, has left a lot to be desired (unlike the very prompt FFWD guys at the factory in Netherlands). So much so that I may put my money towards some other neutral wheelset that I can use on any bike if/when. The C24's are great enough especially climbing on our small hills here :)

Where's yours hiding? Got a pic anywhere?

bearman

by bearman

Here are a few snaps (from my mobile) of my bike in the French Alps and Pyrenees. I live in the south east of the UK and spent most of the year training on local soil, and when ever I could I would fly to Toulouse and train in France for long weekends. I hope to do some riding through the winter, but have set up my turbo training as I'm not a massive fan of riding in the ice.

image hosting sites

photo hosting sites

Its a super fast bike on descents, often hitting in excess of 56mph. For my 25th this year I will be signing up to next years Huate route. I've just upgraded my handle bars to ErgnoNova Ltds as I smashed my Team bars. I'm suprised you're unable to get the wheels.... :cry:

I look forward to seeing some more Bianchi Oltre's up here. I know they've brought out a slightly newer version which is stiffer and lighter...

E777L

by E777L

I am an idiot, I forgot your bike was at the beginning of this post! :lol: You and strobbekoen are the purists, a Bianchi with Campag... I'm stuck with Dura-Ace because of the previous bikes and wheelset. But I am loving how you both have made the black seat work with the rest... I have a Selle Italia SLR I may put on one day and I love your stealthy wheels. I don't love the French pics because it makes me wish I still lived in Italy... with so many locations within reach unlike here! Plus in summer you get koalas and kangaroos as extra road obstacles when descending climbs!

+1 for the Kask, another Italian purist choice :wink:
Last edited by E777L on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

sawyer

by sawyer

great rig bearman ... please use 500ml bottles though :wink:

I think a set of tubs, perhaps 303s or similar would give you a nice alternative and knock about 300g off to take you into genuine WW territory.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

dellpan

by dellpan

WOW!!! Super bike , ilike. :)
Trek Emonda SLR

E777L

by E777L

Ciao bearman... looks like I am going to let you down because I ended up getting the FFWD wheels. A dealer wasn't able to sell the complete bike, so he sold its bits at crazy prizes. He made an offer I could not refuse! :lol:

So now I have a full team replica! (minus the gold KMC chain and white cables)

metavolante

by metavolante

8) Stunning bike

Absolute beauty

Enjoy it
Guerciotti Alero, Cinelli Vigorelli Road & Colnago C60

E777L

by E777L

Cheers :)

bruno2000

by bruno2000

How do you like the Mavic Cosmic SLR wheels for climbing?
I have a pair of R-Sys SLR wheel on my Cervélo S2 and would consider to buy me an extra pair of Cosmic SLR wheels for the fast days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com