Pro-Light Cuneo womans build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

welkman

by welkman

Hi,

After much research I have started the build for my wife. She is 5ft3in and has really improved her riding over the summer. She was looking for a new lighter bike to go alongside her heavy touring rig and I was looking for a project; hopefully this will come together for her birthday in two months time.

Stuff I have so far:

Frame: 1108g
Fork: 343g
Bars:252g
Stem:129g
Headset:64g
Expander:27g
Top Cap:16g
Collar:12g
Saddle: 261g
Seatpost: 188g

Thats 2.4kg so far but my cheap luggage scales think 2.5kg!

Wheels are going to be matt black 43mm tubulars from yinshun 1300g and should be here soon; the group set is going to be force (2107g) and will be ordered soon.

Any tips on design? I like the understated pink highlight on the saddle and am thinking I may leave out any more 'pinking' and go with white bar tape and possibly pink speedplays (170g), I am also toying with pink Planet x brakes.

Advice also appreciated on some good value tubs, not the mega expensive kind and how to measure and buy ti bolts for the stem, bottle cages and topcap.

Goal is to be under UCI weight.

Cheers :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xcnick

by xcnick

I have just built up a Cuneo for my new winter bike. I'm very impressed with the quality and weight of it given the cost! It rides nicely, very stiff but slightly harsh (as expected!) Did you get it from chainreactioncycles last week when they were almost giving them away?

welkman

by welkman

Yep chainreactions :) Any pics of your build?

welkman

by welkman

now Im thinking black Planet x brakes and pink pads. Does anyone make pink carbon pads?

xsnailx

by xsnailx

maybe not pink but corima makes redbrake pads, but personaly i would go with black cnc brakes, pink pad holders[somethink like on pics below], black pads, or pink screws if you dont want to bother with searching for holders.

welkman

by welkman

look what I found

Quite pricey.

I cant seem to find any pink pad holders but thanks for the tip.

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Your minimal pink theme (little on seat, pedals, pads) with white tape would look good - pink brakes would be too much. Good to see another Cuneo!

xcnick

by xcnick

welkman wrote:Yep chainreactions :) Any pics of your build?

Here you go, nothing fancy just thrown together for commuting and winter training with mk2 crud raceguards. But I do look forward to getting on it! I would have preferred the black and white like yours but just bought the cheapest one in my size. £149 is a bargain!

welkman

by welkman

Some progress, the wheels have turned up!

Now do I go old school amber sidewalls or black? Can anyone recommend a good everyday tub that is not going to cost the earth?

Should have this completed in two or three weeks and am still thinking white tape, sram force, planet x brakes in black or gunmetal and pink pads/speedplays. Design tips appreciated :)

Cheers

olebole

by olebole

Maybe Schwalbe Milano?

welkman

by welkman

nice, good call they look quite good. I run road tubeless and add a bit of stans sealant, can you do this with tubs?

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Awesome, I've been watching this build! Those Pro lite frames really caught my eye as they make them really small with excellent geometry. Not only that but the weight is amazing - fantastic value for money and I'd love to hear a ride report on one. I nearly bought one myself but decided to stick with my old Trek 1500 frame - now I'm thinking it might be an ideal next bike for my little brother when he's outgrown his 650c bike.

As for everyday tub - I can highly recommend Continental Sprinters. I've never managed to puncture one and I've ridden thousands of miles on mine. Obviously they're not in the same league as the Veloflex tubs I use on my race wheels but I find them to ride really very well. They're cheap and they also have a butyl tube so you don't have to pump them up before you go out on every ride - ideal for an every day tubular.

welkman

by welkman

Here we go, fully built up at 6.67kgs, shame about the massive stack, but that should drop with a slightly shorter stem. Came in at about £1300 all in.

Hope she likes it!

LouisN

by LouisN

welkman wrote:Now do I go old school amber sidewalls or black?

Black. Dirty orange or tan will look horrible IMHO.

Super bike, on another note, and great weight/$$$ !!! I wish they made an XXS, I'd buy two for my twin daughters.

Louis :)

welkman

by welkman

Well it gets its first ride on Saturday, hopefully it will make 60 miles of muddy lanes! The seat needs to go up a bit and as I said the bars down. Not impressed with the Planet X brakes, the metal is very soft and I rounded off both cable clamps, they could really do with some torque guidance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com