2013 Trek Madone 7-Series

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dchesrown

by dchesrown

Danny you better have this for tomorrows ride....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glamisram

by glamisram

WOW.. the bike feels great and with all the changes from the 6.9 SSL its hard to tell whats all helping. The bike does appear to roll, climb, and accelerate much better and has less flex on sprints. More to come later

Danny Alarcon USCF Category 4
http://echeloncycling.ridenet.net/rider/503

wkwt

by wkwt

Awesome. I'm annoyed that Bontrager's new aero road carbon bars were not available yet with this P1 build. I thought I saw in their white paper that the bars reduced drag as much or more than the aero changes to the frame... Might as well believe they hype at this point :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

spartan

by spartan

glamisram, love the color combo. how is the paint/clearcoat quality? any weight numbers?
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

Brilliant build fella! love the paint scheme even though its off the shelf still looks excellent.

Love those wheels I was playing with some at the shop but went down the mavic route. but those wheels are immense i know first hand.
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Looks great. Can't help feel that black hoods/cables would look better, and black (praxis?) rings. And a less 'chunky' looking saddle. And the valve caps need to go. Fantastic bike. Jealous.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wkwt

by wkwt

NiFTY wrote:Looks great. Can't help feel that black hoods/cables would look better, and black (praxis?) rings. And a less 'chunky' looking saddle. And the valve caps need to go. Fantastic bike. Jealous.

lol, sounds like you're talking about glamisram's Madone above -- which is hot. I've also switched to Bontrager's Paradigm RXXXL saddle from the team issue -- lighter and I believe just about as comfortable though have not put on the miles.

I forget, what was the conclusion about switching Red rings out as far as shifting smoothness?

benolium

by benolium

I like the "7 series" logo on the head tube. Super Sick looking. Nice color combination too. Interested to see it once you have dialed in the fitting. i.e. stem, etc. :beerchug:

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

trek's have always had massive appeal. Whether it aesthetic, fanboy, secret sauce, or whatever. The story has remained the same forever though. Wooden feel, but certainly an exceptional platform to race.
This one looks a bit "Mondrian"