New Parlee Z1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RippedUp

by RippedUp

cezinho wrote:fantastic, it it polite to ask how much such a frame cost?

thank you

Expensive :? :)

SLight

by SLight

Looks like a nice stable geometry to me ! I'm not a big fan myself of all those nervous bikes these days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Can't wait to hear what it weighs. I once thought about getting one of these but with the comfort tubing for the seatstays, the superlight tubing for the toptube, extra stiff for the chainstay, and UD for the downtube :)

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Hi again. The bike is almost ready. I will have pictures coming soon.

There are 2 small aesthetic problem; The frame is black, with red markings. I have the ENVE seatpost and a Ritchey stem, both of which have white markings and disturb the look quite some.

Is it possible to sand the seatpost, or remove the markings? As for the stem, I will eventually change it, but can you suggest a nice weightweeny one with red or no marking at all?

Thanks!

jsinclair

by jsinclair

syntace f109 stem. cheap, light, small logos.

go at the seatpost with some fine steel wool. you should be able to remove the logos and apply an even finish to the entire post that will look good with the frame.

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Nice bike. I'm just wondering what the riding is like in Lebanon ? I'm very curious.

RippedUp

by RippedUp

ajmit3 wrote:Nice bike. I'm just wondering what the riding is like in Lebanon ? I'm very curious.

Lebanon is a great country for cycling, especially if you like climbing. We have a nice coast with high mountains coming up just behind, a bit like California.
The climbs are steep and you could find a lot of HC routes.
One climb we do often is going up from the coast to one of the mountain's peak at 2,000 meters altitude in only ~38Km - it can give you an idea.

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Ok, here's the bike fully built and a bit dirty as I rode it twice.

Definitely the best frame I've ever ridden. It has the stiffness of the Dogma and is super stable o descents. It climbs with great momentum and accelerates fast off the saddle, yet it keeps you fresh unlike the Scott Addict LTD I rode before then.

A few pictures below. The white markings on the seatpost and stem have to go as they don't match the frame. The frame which is by the way a work of art, except maybe for the Z1 logos that are stickers instead of paint.

LouisN

by LouisN

RippedUp wrote:Ok, here's the bike.... a bit dirty...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Superb frame :thumbup: !!!

Louis :)

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Very nice bike! I would leave the seatpost but change the stem to a Zipp SC beyond black stem.

dj97223

by dj97223

Looks great. I've had a Z3c custom since early 2006 and recently sent it to Parlee for new paint; they did a superb job with a fast turnaround. They are a great company to work with.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

JWolf

by JWolf

Looks nice. I'm working on one with fair wheel but will probably build it up next year cause I'm waiting on the new Shimano DI2. We are still picking out a color pattern.

KWalker

by KWalker

why are the cable ends left so long?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Thanks for the comments. NWSAlpine, I will look into the Zipp stem definitely.

One more: