Pinarello F8 Wiggo Tribute

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

survivor

by survivor

***2019 updates on page 5***

This frame has been sitting in my garage for almost 6 months now. It's about time to build it up! :beerchug:

Most components are already at LBS. Just pending the bottom bracket which is scheduled to arrive mid this week. Hopefully everything will be in place to build it this Friday! Can't wait!

Frame: Pinarello Dogma F8 Wiggo Tribute size 470
Stem: ENVE carbon 100mm
Bar: ENVE SES Aero bar 42mm
Bar wrap: Lizards Skin DSP 2.5mm dual color (black & white)
Group set: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
Bottom bracket: Ceramic Speed ITA thread, coated
Brake: Dura-Ace
Cables: Jagwire Road Elite Link Brake
Crank: Shimano Dura-Ace 52/36 170mm
Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 12-25
Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
Saddle: S-Works Toupe 143mm white
Pedals: Look Keo Blade 2 Ti
Wheel set: ENVE SES 4.5 clincher with Chris King ceramic hubs
Tires: Continental GP4000S II (25C front, 23C rear with latex tubes)
Computer: Garmin Edge 1000
Computer mount: ENVE
Powermeter: Stage left crank arm
Bottle Cage: ENVE

Will be wrapping the bar like the new Scott Foil 2016 below with the green being the white. I rode mostly on the hood thus it will be more practical to have the black on top.

Also got these bad boys to go with the new bike! :D

Last edited by survivor on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

That's one special frame, good luck on the build!

Why are you going for 25mm front and a 23mm rear tyre??

Please don't forget to post some photo's when it's ready.
Ride it like you stole it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

This will be one exquisite build....A big fan of this colorway....

Good luck on the builds and pls do keep us posted...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CH4K1

by CH4K1

We expect a photo of the bike mounted :mrgreen:

survivor

by survivor

Tomstr wrote:That's one special frame, good luck on the build!

The choice of the tire is to best match the ENVE 4.5 rims width to minimize tire-rim width overhang.

ENVE 4.5 front rim external width is 27mm while the rear rim external width is 25.5mm.

Check out below page that tested the Continental tires with the ENVE 4.5 wheels:
http://intheknowcycling.com/2015/05/28/best-road-bike-tires/

lrdunc

by lrdunc

I think I've seen that page before, but will definitely read it again...great info and thanks for posting.

Obviously, amazing bike and looking forward to seeing it all put together :beerchug:

Money no object that would be my bike!

gilco

by gilco

Superb porject

survivor

by survivor

Man...just saw STAGES announced the second generation pod design on their power meter at EUROBIKE. Pretty sure the one I order a week ago will come as the existing first generation pod design. A new design coming out one week after my order really left a bitter taste in my mouth. :cry:

Has drop STAGES an inquiry to see whether there is a possibility of exchange to new design for customer like me. Finger crossed!

***update 8/27/2015***
Just heard back from STAGES, I am still able to return the current one (unused) I ordered and they will ship me the new design once it is available but that won't happened in couple more weeks. I don't really feel like delaying my build. Looks like I will go ahead and use the current STAGES power meter.

by 9734344

What a puurfect time to build up a bike - BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!
I'm not a NUMBER.........I'm a Free Man

Grill

by Grill

survivor wrote:
Tomstr wrote:That's one special frame, good luck on the build!

The choice of the tire is to best match the ENVE 4.5 rims width to minimize tire-rim width overhang.

ENVE 4.5 front rim external width is 27mm while the rear rim external width is 25.5mm.

Check out below page that tested the Continental tires with the ENVE 4.5 wheels:
http://intheknowcycling.com/2015/05/28/best-road-bike-tires/

Possibly the funniest article I've read in a long time. Conjecture central...

survivor

by survivor

Grill wrote:Possibly the funniest article I've read in a long time. Conjecture central...

Care to elaborate?

survivor

by survivor

Looks like my Garmin Edge 520 won't be coming in time for the new bike. Ordered since Aug 4th but status is still in process. Will resort to my existing Garmin Edge 500 for now. Was thinking whether to get the Garmin Edge 1000 instead which is in stock but the compatibility issue with ENVE Garmin mount held me back. Besides, features in Garmin Edge 520 is almost comparable to Edge 1000 aside from mapping and Wifi which I am ok to live without.

The ENVE bottle cages are also pending stock availability which ENVE mentioned will be in before or by Sept 7th.

Luckily these are all stuff which I can get them installed later.

All essential components should be ready for the build tomorrow per my last check in with LBS this evening! Big day tomorrow! :D

beanbiken

by beanbiken

survivor wrote:Luckily these are all stuff which I can get them installed later.

All essential components should be ready for the build tomorrow per my last check in with LBS this evening! Big day tomorrow! :D

Woohoo........ have a great day/weekend. To me this is as much fun [if not more] as riding the bloody things :D

Steve.
BB

Coffee & carbon

by 9734344

You know your not going to get knocked down building the cycle.
I'm not a NUMBER.........I'm a Free Man

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grill

by Grill

survivor wrote:
Grill wrote:Possibly the funniest article I've read in a long time. Conjecture central...

Care to elaborate?

Sure. It's just an article examining data gathered from third parties, most of which have rubbish methodology and beyond questionable results. The Crr tests don't actually cover real world conditions (where even the best tyres struggle to hit .005), the aero test is an absolute joke (not only are tyre wheels interactions unique depending on the wheels being used, but just using Flo as an example is useful to pretty much no one, and not to mention the stall at 10 degrees on the Vittorias looks beyond dodgy) and not just for tyres, the other 'aero savings' quote are pure supposition (shoe covers and no gloves will net you 8w? Not on this planet...).

I could go on and on, but I don't have all day. And yes I know this because I test. A lot. In fact I just got back from another two hours testing at the velodrome this morning. If you want meaningful data you won't find it in that article.