Help making frame rideable.. Dawes lightweight!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Hey all I've heard charity starts at home and well I spend so much time here I was wondering if my fellow WW members wanted to donate some old parts you don't need that maybe taking up space to get this below frame rideable again. I'm not worried at all about age etc as long as it works together :) I'm happy to pay postage and if the bike is ever sold you have my word all money would go to a cycling charity.
Thanks
Adam
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bricky21

by bricky21

I think this is a nice idea, as charity makes everyone involved feel better whether their giving or receiving, so good on you Adam.

Perhaps you could list some specific things that the bike needs in order to get it working properly :beerchug: .

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I'll make a list tommorow but think basically the whole lot lol. What I'll do though is make a checklist and hopefully we can work through it. I'll probabaly ride it for a while as I might be selling the ti frame :)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Image[/URL]

OK so this bikes back around and still need some bits.... again happy to pay postage on items or collect from in or round london (im high wycombe)

parts list...

Frame dawes lightweight ultra plus reynolds 500 (top of the range)
shimano sis mechs 6 speed
weinmann brakes and levers
dawes cranks
speedplay pedals
26.2 mm post
specialzed toupe saddle
no name wheels with corsa cx's and bolt on skewers.

weight UNKNOWN!!!!!

So does anyone want to offer up some old bits they are have around so i can try and get some mikes back in the legs until i have a job again and can get something a little nicer?

Adam

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

It's not much, but I have some white bar tape for you...PM me and it's yours!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DuPreez

by DuPreez

Well done for making a thread to liberate these magpies hidden treasures. I've wanted to do something similar for for a while but had no need for another bike (just downsized from 8 bikes to 4....)
And I'm damn interested to see how light we can go out of generosity. :beerchug:

On a serious note, weight is an absolute must :smartass: I am down in Notting Hill and you are more then welcome to use my scales to get a complete build weight. To make it more enticing I have
a couple of bits for you too although looking at how the bike is currently set up I would guess the stem maybe too long.

The stem is a 110mm Cinelli Record A1, it weighs about 240g, which is not bad for solid Alu (welded ti for this length is ~200g.) I don't want it because the radius on it doesn't allow me to slam it,
which voids the fit of my bike.... Otherwise it's a beauty and I got it for a steal.

The inner tubes are new. Relatively heavy at 90g but more importantly are latex, so they should save 2.5w per wheel on velodrome surfaces at approx 30kph and 50-100% on road surfaces compared
to regular butyl. I bought them then ended up going for lightweight butyl before fitted, since then have ended up with tubs...

Other then those bits I have a fair bit of carbon knocking about and will happy to give you some (the image below is of a 4.5kg spool) if you have any projects in mind, i.e. bottle cages ect. And I will
chuck you some resin too.

I will keep rummaging through my hoardings for more stuff and will head up to the studio to get my scale so I can give you some more accurate weights for the bits :D .