Some more shots of the frame :D :

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimmS

by TimmS

So nice!
I hope this one will stay with you for a little longer.
What are the plans for the build?

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I have both an older Campa Chorus 10-speed groupset and a modern Campa Record 11-speed groupset lined up for this build. The Record groupset would obviously be the nicest, although I am not sure yet if a willing to put such a nice groupset on a CX bike yet.

giant man

by giant man

How do you stand warranty wise now they've gone down I wonder .....

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I am pretty sure I won't be able to get warranty on the frame if anything happens, but I am hoping that won't be necessary.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I just pulled the trigger on a fork for the Serotta build 8) . Check it out!

It is a Traitor Cycles fork from one of their older Crusade model. Nowadays they only sell disc forks, but luckily they had one left in stock with cantilever bosses.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I finally managed to find one of my all time favourite groupsets: a SRAM Force first edition in great condition. So no more Campy parts on the bike. Unfortunately I already ordered some wheels with Record hubs, but luckily the seller also included a Shimano body which should suffice for the time being. For brakes I am going with a pair of TRP CR950 cantilevers which I managed to find fairly cheap. The rest of the parts are Deda, at least for now.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Almost finished :D . All it needs are a rear brake cable and bar tape. Hopefully I can put it through its first paces in the coming weekend.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Looks so good, but those stem and seatposts looks terrible and need to be gone! :smartass:

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Depending on whether or not the Deda 35 bars do what they are supposed to do (superb comfort for big guys like me) I will black out the stem and seatpost or replace everything all together.

kgt

by kgt

Hmmm... I don't think it will turn out nice. The brown saddle looks out of place as well as these deda parts. The groupset is not great in my eyes either. Chainging the chainrings to black would help maybe. I would agree on all black parts with little to no decals and a black saddle. Whatever can help the frame stand out.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Great looking bike! Is it a 1" steerer or 1.125?

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

The steerer is 1 1/8, so I am hoping it will be plenty stiff. I went with a fork mounted cable hanger to prevent brake shudder, as a steel fork is obviously more prone to this, than carbon is.

Rush

by Rush

I prefer non-black chainrings on non-carbon bikes.

Actually I don't like black components full stop.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I caught the disc brake virus :D .

Although the first ride on the Serotta was nothing short of a revelation, the idea of building a bike with disc brakes has crossed my mind more times then I can remember. At the same time I have been wanting to do something more weight weenie compared to my recent bikes. Seeing as I am on budget, and weight weenie parts tend to be pricey, I wanted the frame to be as cheap as possible.

I settled for a Salsa Las Cruces scandium frame. The one I got has a dent in the seat tube from clamping the FD-band too tight. Hopefully that won't turn out to be a problem. I am pretty happy with the weight: 1500g. I am hoping that removing the paint and polishing will bring the paint down to under 1400g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com