My Bianchi's

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

E777L

by E777L

Hello Ozride, we're (I am) hijacking Koen's post as usual :P

I've had the FFWD F6R for almost a year and I have used them as my standard wheels without any problem at all - they're as true as always and slide through the air so easily. Got mine for $1,250 which included Vredestein tubulars, Jantex rim tape and random wheel bags from Mark at Bike Obsession in Brissy (he and his wife are true and passionate Bianchi devotees and great to deal with). Got lucky because the shop couldn't find a seller for a complete bike so Mark sold the bike parts as new instead. He has kept one and turned into a Bianchi Obsession special.

Anyway, great wheels, value and weight plus a true stand-out. On top of that, the guys at FFWD in Holland do actually respond directly and promptly! By stark contrast, the marketing guy at FRF Sports (the Aussie distributor) left a lot to be desire with his arrogance and their lack of product knowledge. I asked for the DT Swiss hub version and they had no clue, being able to only supply the FFWD hub version (though FFWD claims they are same weight and just as good).

If all else failed, I would have gone for the black limited edition FFWD. I tried getting a front celeste F4R from Holland and Bianchi (the 40cm version) but that is team-only issue.

What pads do you use? Post your Bianchi here if you haven't already :) viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83772&start=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Koen's bike custom fittings are great because they're outside the square and always quite tasteful!

stang1

by stang1

My steed. :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stang1

by stang1

E777L wrote:Hello Ozride, we're (I am) hijacking Koen's post as usual :P

I've had the FFWD F6R for almost a year and I have used them as my standard wheels without any problem at all - they're as true as always and slide through the air so easily. Got mine for $1,250 which included Vredestein tubulars, Jantex rim tape and random wheel bags from Mark at Bike Obsession in Brissy (he and his wife are true and passionate Bianchi devotees and great to deal with). Got lucky because the shop couldn't find a seller for a complete bike so Mark sold the bike parts as new instead. He has kept one and turned into a Bianchi Obsession special.

Anyway, great wheels, value and weight plus a true stand-out. On top of that, the guys at FFWD in Holland do actually respond directly and promptly! By stark contrast, the marketing guy at FRF Sports (the Aussie distributor) left a lot to be desire with his arrogance and their lack of product knowledge. I asked for the DT Swiss hub version and they had no clue, being able to only supply the FFWD hub version (though FFWD claims they are same weight and just as good).

If all else failed, I would have gone for the black limited edition FFWD. I tried getting a front celeste F4R from Holland and Bianchi (the 40cm version) but that is team-only issue.

What pads do you use? Post your Bianchi here if you haven't already :) viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83772&start=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Koen's bike custom fittings are great because they're outside the square and always quite tasteful!

just saw this as I posted.. reposted and apologies for hijacking thread.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

I have had my F6R's about 6 months now and absolutely no issue. I have been using them on my ParleeZ5. I have the plain white graphics which match my black and white Parlee and my white and black Trek.
I love the look of the Bianchi with the matching wheel decals, it looks pretty damn amazing. Koen, your Bianchis are really neat, I like your attention to detail.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Hello Guys,

I am trying to get my hands on one of these, hopefully soon.

@Eric, I find the Concor saddle comfortable, but it's kinda narrow, so if you prefer wider saddles, it may not work.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Here is the new infinito.

I moved the parts over from the Oltre.
My brother is riding the Oltre now - I installed a new record group on it with a Syntace cockpit.

Weight as shown is 7.1kg

E777L

by E777L

Another slick bike from the Strobbekoen scuderia! The cockpit graphics and those of the wheels are a great match :) Please do tell us if the CV is the real deal or just great marketing.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

stang1 wrote:My steed. :P

amazing machine.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

E777L wrote:Another slick bike from the Strobbekoen scuderia! The cockpit graphics and those of the wheels are a great match :) Please do tell us if the CV is the real deal or just great marketing.

Eric, sorry for the late reply, wanted to get some rides in first.
My usual training ride has a bit of everything, smooth tarmac, concrete slabs, cobbles, rough tarmac.
The Infinito is definitely more forgiving compared to the Oltre. It's still a real race frame though, so don't expect it to magically smooth out everything. If I compare it to my Cyfac, I'd say the Cyfac is still a bit more comfortable.
I am happy with it, the geo is also nice if you dont need to get super low. I am riding it with zero spacers and could get slightly lower (without spacers, the bars are about 5mm higher than how the Oltre was set up). The headset cap is quite high, wish they would also include a flatter one.