HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:50 pm
Posts: 16
Beautiful bike, love the argyle. Saw one at the LBS and drooled all over it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 119
I think I've finally finished my setup on this bike. I went back and forth with the crankset (Rotor 3D+ and Campy) and I think I'm gonna stick with the Campy setup for now. Bike weighs 6.65kg (14.66lbs) as is including my GoPro mount.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:43 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 80
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Just plain awesome! :thumbup:

Those wheels make me very jealous...

_________________
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 119
ScuderiaDouroux wrote:
Just plain awesome! :thumbup:

Those wheels make me very jealous...


Thanks!! :thumbup:
So far I'm loving the bike, but I know I'm gonna get rid of this before 2012 ends. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 am
Posts: 1135
Location: by Crystal Springs (Sawyer Creek Trail)
So, why do you want to sell this again?!?!?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:58 am
Posts: 222
man that's nice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:51 pm
Posts: 10
cjthomasuk wrote:
Beautiful build. I'm currently trying to do a similar one myself!

Did you use paint or tape to do the customisation on the stem and bars?

I've been looking everywhere for the actual argyle 3T stem and bars but no one seems to have them.... I know they exist somewhere (attached image)! If anyone knows where I can get these please let me know???

Cheers


I believe those 3T parts were from the old Felt/Slipstream days. Once in a while some pop up on eBay.

Back to the custom stem, very nice! Wouldn't mind doing that to mine. Can you give any info on the process? Model paint?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 119
justkeepedaling wrote:
So, why do you want to sell this again?!?!?


Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But I get bored really quick. This is my 3rd bike this year alone and I'm sure when the 2013 models come out, I would like to build something new again. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 119
103 wrote:
cjthomasuk wrote:
Beautiful build. I'm currently trying to do a similar one myself!

Did you use paint or tape to do the customisation on the stem and bars?

I've been looking everywhere for the actual argyle 3T stem and bars but no one seems to have them.... I know they exist somewhere (attached image)! If anyone knows where I can get these please let me know???

Cheers


I believe those 3T parts were from the old Felt/Slipstream days. Once in a while some pop up on eBay.

Back to the custom stem, very nice! Wouldn't mind doing that to mine. Can you give any info on the process? Model paint?


It's actually not the parts from the old Slipstream team. Never had any luck finding those - so instead, I did my own thing. I have a vinyl cutter at home and that's how I customize all my stuff. From wheels, to name decals, etc., that's what I do to personalize my bikes.

Here's my Uncles Seven Axiom that I customized for him. http://www.flickr.com/photos/36539435@N ... 546727839/ :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:26 am
Posts: 385
Location: Sydney, Australia
alfredox5 wrote:
I get bored really quick. This is my 3rd bike this year alone and I'm sure when the 2013 models come out, I would like to build something new again. :mrgreen:


#firstworldproblems


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 119
coppercook62 wrote:
man that's nice


I'll trade you for your Crumpton :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 776
Bahaha, I'm glad someone suffers my same sickness about changing it up just because...



However

Yours > mine

:(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 364
Location: DC
alfredox5 wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:
So, why do you want to sell this again?!?!?


Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But I get bored really quick. This is my 3rd bike this year alone and I'm sure when the 2013 models come out, I would like to build something new again. :mrgreen:


This guy... :lol:

Still enjoying my Giro D'Italia RS and the custom stem as well! Need to post updated pics!

_________________
My Bikes:
BMC SLR01 TeamMachine
Cannondale CAAD8


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:17 am
Posts: 119
plpete wrote:
alfredox5 wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:
So, why do you want to sell this again?!?!?


Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But I get bored really quick. This is my 3rd bike this year alone and I'm sure when the 2013 models come out, I would like to build something new again. :mrgreen:


This guy... :lol:

Still enjoying my Giro D'Italia RS and the custom stem as well! Need to post updated pics!



Hey peter,

I'm glad you're still enjoying the Giro. Maybe you'll be interested in buying this from me before the year ends? :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:39 pm
Posts: 364
Location: DC
alfredox5 wrote:
plpete wrote:
alfredox5 wrote:
justkeepedaling wrote:
So, why do you want to sell this again?!?!?


Don't get me wrong, I love the bike. But I get bored really quick. This is my 3rd bike this year alone and I'm sure when the 2013 models come out, I would like to build something new again. :mrgreen:


This guy... :lol:

Still enjoying my Giro D'Italia RS and the custom stem as well! Need to post updated pics!



Hey peter,

I'm glad you're still enjoying the Giro. Maybe you'll be interested in buying this from me before the year ends? :mrgreen:


Haha thanks for the offer, Alfred. The RS is more of a bike than I need already. The motor needs work!

_________________
My Bikes:
BMC SLR01 TeamMachine
Cannondale CAAD8


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 pm 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], JHinMD and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Used Cervelo S3 vs New Cervelo S3 - 4200 budget

in Road

Marloon

14

977

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:25 am

coppercook62 View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Cervelo R and Cervelo S series??

in Road

bigben99

3

1234

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:09 pm

RichieE46 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cervelo S3

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

addicted

0

677

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:42 pm

addicted View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cervelo S2

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

philhul

4

1679

Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:54 pm

philhul View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. My Cervélo S3

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Helspie

4

1340

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Helspie View the latest post


It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB