PROUD OWNER! R5 VWD Argyle

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

alfredox5

by alfredox5

Just wanted to share with everyone that I am a proud owner of another Cervelo. I started with a 2008 R3SL and got my hands on a 2009 RS Giro D Italia Edition soon after. Both have been sold, but now I'm excited to build this up.

Frame arrived at my bike shop 2 days after I left for Singapore which sucks! My buddy picked it up for me and have been sending me teasers.

Here it is!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36539435@N07/7437121220/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36539435@N07/7437126154/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36539435@N07/7437139382/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36539435@N07/7437145598/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36539435@N07/7437111836/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

That's great!
I look forward to seeing the built-up pictures...
Please, before you build it up, please include weights and scale-shots as appropriate. This is Weight Weenies afterall. :wink:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

alfredox5

by alfredox5

Will do! I can't wait to get back! :thumbup:

giant man

by giant man

can't see much of it but it does look nice, well the argyle bit! looking forward to this build, sweet!

alfredox5

by alfredox5

I'm still in Asia and these are just a few pics that my buddy sent me as teasers. I'll post more as soon as I get back home. :mrgreen:

alfredox5

by alfredox5

:thumbup:
Last edited by alfredox5 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

There is a For Sale section.

You made that teaser knowing you would sell it.

Cheap :|

konky

by konky

I feel used.

(That is a joke by the way)

alfredox5

by alfredox5

I apologize if I made you feel that way. I've sold parts on the For Sale section plenty of times with a lot of success. I'm still not 100% sure if I will let it go. As I mentioned earlier, I'm still in Asia and I haven't even touched the bike. It's sitting at home in my office and awaiting my arrival. I've been so bored the past few days and all I've been doing is browsing the internet for bikes. My buddy just built up a S-Works Venge and I'm curious to try it, that's why I mentioned that I might sell it.

Once I've decided 100%, I will post the bike on the For Sale section, and maybe eBay. Now if the For Sale section had fees like Roadbike Review, then I'd understand how you guys feel. I'd say it again, I apologize if I rubbed anyone the wrong way. Won't happen again.

:thumbup:

munk93

by munk93

Please don´t. I realized that some people around here are beginning to care less about expensive none special bikes. You need to do or get something custom/special before people really becomes excited. Just like the Argyle paintsheme on your R5.
Your choice of course, but still if you ask me why buy the same frame as your friend? Why not have something very rare instead.

alfredox5

by alfredox5

Munk - I just need something that I could use when I race and I feel this frame is too nice for that. I'd feel bad to use this on the crits. I have a Time RXRS and I used that once for a race and I told myself that I'd never do that again. If I do crash the Venge, I wouldn't feel too bad since it's not a "one of" bike like the others. I know the RXRS isn't either but I paid too much for that bike just to race it. Hopefully I'm making sense. :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

munk93

by munk93

Well I understand that in some way. I own a very special bike my self, as far as I know the only one in the world of that model, with the same graphic design. And I race it from late march to the start of october. But then I haven't crashed for like 3 and half years. And that was on my wintherbike. Of course I also had some accidents on my commuter (got runned over by a car), but I ride with very little caution on that.
And still if you just sell your Cervelo, you will never feel happy about it either.