42cm 3T Ergonova Pro
120mm -10d Thomson X2
Specialized Toupe 130mm
440mm Thomson Masterpiece Setback
SRAM Rival Brakes
Hermes Sport Rituals w/Circus Monkey hubs
Vittoria Open Corsa Evo SC
Elite bottle cages

When I weighed it with Conti GP4000s, it stood at 16.06 pounds. Working on getting it down to 15. Suggestions for someone with a lower budget at the moment are welcome :wink:
Last edited by incredibleting on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

Very nice! How tall are you?

Wizzo

by Wizzo

That looks pretty damn good! Getting everything to Sram Force would lower the weight even more.

Look565w

by Look565w

That's a very aesthetically pleasing looking bike there you've got, considering its a very small frame size.

Well done on the built!
I like it a lot especially I've kind of fallen in love with Cannondales recently.

Sorry, but I don't have any diet suggestion for your bike, just want to compliment that's all.

Enjoy your ride.

Regards

hmai18

by hmai18

Love the touch of pink. Have you thought about getting matching tape or hoods?

Not sure about what you can do to get down to the 15s. I've got a 50cm CAAD10 at 15.3 with C24 clinchers and Hollowgram SLs. Try bolt tuning and veloplugs perhaps?

tod

by tod

Absolutely beautiful! For a quick 50-80ish grams, you could go with aftermarket skewers if yours are oem-type. That isn't a big drop. But, they are relatively inexpensive and would get you below 16 lbs.

Again, very nicely done.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

How'd you get the pink?

incredibleting

by incredibleting

Thanks everyone.

tcurtbike wrote:Very nice! How tall are you?

About 5'10".

hmai18 wrote:Love the touch of pink. Have you thought about getting matching tape or hoods?

I ran Rotundos with the pink for a while. Wasn't diggin the pink as much as I thought I would. Also didn't like the traditional drops as much either. I was thinking of trying pink hoods sometime.

tod wrote:Absolutely beautiful! For a quick 50-80ish grams, you could go with aftermarket skewers if yours are oem-type. That isn't a big drop. But, they are relatively inexpensive and would get you below 16 lbs.

Again, very nicely done.

Yeah a friend of mine suggested those. I'm still running my old AlexRim skewers so I'm sure that'd drop it under 16.

Maximilian wrote:How'd you get the pink?

Pink vinyls and a lot of patience.

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Slick looking CAAD. You're right, there have been a few around here lately but this one stands out as a particularly good example.

The only thing this needs is a black hollowgram and then it will be perfect. I wouldnt change anything after that, even the tanwalls look good.

KWalker

by KWalker

1. Cut your post since its 440mm and you don't need that much. Could save 25g-30g
2. Carbon railed Toupe. Shaves 40g and they're cheap almost everywhere.
3. Lighter skewers, another easy 40-80g
4. Thomson stems aren't light, but I understand wanting the matching aesthetic.
5. Alligator i-links- 60g+?
6. Use Stan's tubeless tape instead of rim strips. Probably 10g/wheel saved maybe more.

That right there should save you 200g and bring you down close to 7kg if you do it right. Max estimate of 230g puts you at 15.5. Lighter cranks, wheels, and brakes gets you under 15 I'd wager.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

incredibleting

by incredibleting

KWalker wrote:1. Cut your post since its 440mm and you don't need that much. Could save 25g-30g
6. Use Stan's tubeless tape instead of rim strips. Probably 10g/wheel saved maybe more.

That right there should save you 200g and bring you down close to 7kg if you do it right. Max estimate of 230g puts you at 15.5. Lighter cranks, wheels, and brakes gets you under 15 I'd wager.

Thanks. Can you recommend a stem? I was thinking of going 3t ARX, but I don't think they're lighter than the X2 I have. I was also planning on getting Yokozuna cables. Not sure how they compare to the Alligators.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

This is a nice bike, well done

KWalker

by KWalker

incredibleting wrote:
KWalker wrote:1. Cut your post since its 440mm and you don't need that much. Could save 25g-30g

Thanks. Can you recommend a stem? I was thinking of going 3t ARX, but I don't think they're lighter than the X2 I have. I was also planning on getting Yokozuna cables. Not sure how they compare to the Alligators.

Yokozunas are heavy- go Ebay some i-links. Comes out to around the same price.

As for a stem it depends on budget and weight. The 3T ARX team is probably about 20-25g lighter and then you get into WW stem territory with brands like Extralight, the 3T LTD series, etc, which aren't a ton lighter. I'd recommend a Syntace F99 or 3T ARX team.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

5'10" and on a 50cm frame? dang!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I'd been running a Thomson stem but opted for a Ritchey C260 this time and am loving it! 104 grams (IIRC) and reasonably priced!