Baum Ristretto with new SRAM Red

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Ha!

I must admit I've been offered SR at a ridiculous price so it would be worth paying the extra to get that over Record...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Have the Chorus waiting in the wings now ready to go on just as soon as I've got the time...

Borrowed the wheels off my girlfriend's bike to try whilst I'm deciding what to put on it - the tubular version of the R-SYS SLR were an option I was considering, but now I'm not so sure I'm keen :?

I'll be honest, visually / aesthetically this has been a *really* tough bike to get right, and it still seems a long way off! :oops:
Last edited by RichTheRoadie on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Pics isn't working here..

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Sorry, sorted now.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

My very humble take on the last photo is that it has too many different little color elements that don't seem to all flow together. Suggestions from a very vain bike newbie

1.If your going to keep the white Toupe then go white on the bar tape, it will line up really well with the Baum lettering and the saddle
2.If you stick with the SRAM Red the little bits of red coloring could be removed. I think the Red Crank/Chainrings look decent in that the black and gray parts sort of go with the frame but again the red bits kinda ruin it. I think the red draws your eye a bit too much which, aside from the few tiny spots of it, isn't anywhere else on the frame to kinda tie the color in to the overall look.
3.The wheels actually look ok to be barring that you de-badge them totally. The little yellow and red bit on the wheels stickers again draw my eye away from the bike itself and instead to the "odd splash" of color that doesn't really match anything else.

These are all just some brief suggestions on what I felt/saw when first looking at those photo's. I tried to just say what I saw and let it be at that. Feel free to completely disagree or ignore them as the rambling of some crazy person :thumbup:
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

CaptainP

by CaptainP

This whit white tape is still the best the bike has ever looked!

Why is the purple bits on the Sram parts removed, what have i missed?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

The purple colour matching didn't last because it wasn't done properly, basically.

FWIW I have a set of Chorus waiting to go on it so that'll deal with the colouring on the Red groupset. In fact that colouring is exactly why I went for Chorus over Record or SR! I also have white tape waiting in the wings.

You're right on the wheel logos too. Perhaps that's what's needed - non-Mavic tyres and removal of the Mavic graphics...

nspace

by nspace

Spending way too much time fretting over aesthetics, ride your bike :)

fa63

by fa63

I would go back to black saddle / black bar tape. Then ride the hell out of it.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

aesthetically....it looks fine.

TuplaO

by TuplaO

Yep, aesthetically its fine (that is, the bike really does look great). Now ride the damn thing!

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Look, just put the chorus on, de-sticker the mavics, black veloflex tyres, black saddle, black tape then sit back and see how good the bike looks before just riding it.

This pudding is getting seriously over-egged. It's too fussy, let the frame be the star.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Just to be clear, it gets ridden plenty thanks very much! (although I've been riding my Corretto a bit more lately.)

It's important to me that my bikes look good too though, and I'm never happy until they do!

KB

by KB

Looks better with the black bartape. The silver didn't look right with the frame; I would have gone with a black saddle as well although it still looks good with the white.

mrfish

by mrfish

Clearly you have too much time on your hands if you can ride your bike and test 5 shades of bar tape!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com