Baum Ristretto with new SRAM Red

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Sorry I just tried to create what they'd look like outside in the light. Here's a little more juice:

That more like it?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

A bit less shiny perhaps, but yes - that's good.

Confirms to me the grey saddle is too 'flat' and is trying too hard - it needs a more vibrant white or a more purposeful black.

I have some purple Handlebra on the way so we'll see. If it doesn't work on my bike it can go on my girlfriend's!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Okay sorry for spamming your thread but here we are with less shiny tape and different saddle colours. Bear in mind this might not be the exact colour they look in real life...

Personally I really think the grey works - it lines up very nicely with the stem. I'm usually one for saddles the same colour as bar tape but the stem makes this one work.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Awesome!

See, for me that proves the white works best - it ties in with the frame graphics better.

Fancy doing a couple more?! Would love to see it with white bar tape & saddle... I've tried to do this myself with Photoshop but failed miserably! :oops:

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Bit of a sloppy job but it's easy to get a good idea with white.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

"Sloppy job"?! It's a damn sight better than anything I managed to do! How do you do it?!

Hmmm, that's not bad actually...

KB

by KB

Carpet - Great job you've done. I didn't think it would work with white, but it does. But I also like the purple bartape.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Thanks!

I just select round the area I want to change colour then use a mixture of brightness contrast / colouriser / hue / saturation to get it looking as real as possible. Any shiny bits I usually give a little blue hint to as that's what happens with outdoor light. Sometimes I use the paint brush tool to add some shine or reflection if necessary.

That last one was sloppy as you can still see a little purple around the edges - I'll just pass that off as purple fringing from the lens. :wink:

phazon

by phazon

Purple tape/grey saddle for me. Otherwise white/white, but I really like the former

Lovely bike

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Purple tape, black or white saddle. :thumbup:

wilson78

by wilson78

Love it, another great looking Baum!
That new SRAM red crankset looks great on it too.
My Titanium Lemond (RIP):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Trek:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109635

jsinclair

by jsinclair

i think this bike looked best with the black saddle and grey tape. This photo really sold me on the combo. nothing you have done since then looks as good to me.

im strongly against a white saddle for this bike, it really doesnt fit. the black looks best, even the grey looks nice.

BikeTart wrote:Image

Yossarian

by Yossarian

It's a stunning bike.

The tubes seem to be chunky enough to carry the deeper section wheels nicely. I prefer it now to how it looked with the Ambrosios, even though they were very cool wheels.

Bar tape it a tricky one though. I think a darker, more matt grey might look good, but it's pretty much perfect either way.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Purple tape arrived from Handlebra - wrong shade of purple! :evil: (it was far too 'plum' in colour - too red)

I'm currently toying with the idea of something lairy, like this Mike Giant / Cinelli bar tape and the black version of the Selle San Marco Regal Team:

:noidea:

I think it's also going to get full Chorus in place of the Red, or I might put my spare Tune cranks on it with some funky brakes and run Record levers and mechs (not how I prefer to run Campag as I think it should be the full groupset or not at all, but I'd rather have Record and that makes most sense financially).

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

There isn't enough difference between record and chorus to make record worth buying!
They use the same internals in the shifters and chours comes with a more durable cassette and chain.. That is pretty much the difference other than a few grams in the mechs.

You didn't spend as much as you have on your Baum though too cheap out now and not get Super record.. :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com