Baum Ristretto with new SRAM Red

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fa63

by fa63

Agree with the two posts above me; wheels good, saddle bad.

kgt

by kgt

shinyboy wrote:Much better with the Ambrosios, but, have to say, I prefer the flite :thumbup:

+1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rush

by Rush

Ride report?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

It's coming - been ill so not been riding.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Never get tired of those ambrosio rims and tan sided tubulars.

And yes, I prefer the Flite too but your arse may not :D

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

My arse doesn't dislike the Flite, but for some reason I can't get comfortable with the saddle and bar tape colouring on this bike.

To me the black was too dull, but the white saddle (whilst it definitely adds interest) is probably too attention seeking.

I'm tempted to get some grey acrylic leather paint onto the saddle, then get Mick @ Busyman to do me some grey tape with a purple backing to it... I must admit it's tempting to get the Flite recovered in grey too.

nspace

by nspace

1000x better with those wheels. wasn't digging the mad fibres. Bike as a whole with new tape looks more refined now.

I think the purple / grey on saddle could be good, but its gotta be subtle or else its going to look over the top. I really like the subtle way steampunk tied in the orange on his Hampton, for example: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103872

fio
in the industry

by fio

I actually really like look of the Mad Fibers, but I know I'm in the minority with that. I've seen quite a few in person and they really look cool when you get up close to them.

BUT--those Ambrosios...awesome. I've been really wanting to build up a set for a while now. They look super cool with your bike!

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

nspace wrote:I think the purple / grey on saddle could be good, but its gotta be subtle or else its going to look over the top. I really like the subtle way steampunk tied in the orange on his Hampton, for example: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exactly what I've been discussing with Mick (Busyman) who did that tape and saddle.

vladt

by vladt

Hey BikeTart or shall I say: BaumTart, :lol:

I am surprised that no1 has asked you this before but: "When is your first Time Trial rig coming"?
Now you might have missed the "compulsory clause" in your Visa but TT is a "must" for a Sydney cyclist!
Having been your "loyal" follower for over a year now, I can't wait to see what TT bike you decide to "embrace".

:smartass:

cheers
Vlad

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I'm sure it's only a matter of time Vlad - and no doubt a track bike too...

Both likely to be off-the-peg jobs though unfortunately - a TT rig needs to be a sleek and slippery carbon affair rather than round-tubed, and my track riding is likely to be so sporadic that I wouldn't be able to justify anything like Todd's Baum Corretto Pista!

salok

by salok

Like the bike with the Ambrosios very much .., I´m also a follower over the last years and can´t wait for the ride report.

Enjoy riding your Baums...

:beerchug:

Wingnut

by Wingnut

It's a nice bike but I'd like to actually see one of your bikes with some dirt or road grime on it... :noidea:

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

By your very own rules the saddle has to go, how do the ambrosios fair when you are out of the saddle mate?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I know the saddle and bar tape don't keep to my rules currently, but as I say I'm trying to work out what colouring works best... never has a bike foxed me so much on what should be such a simple decision! :oops:

Whilst I want to try purple tape, there's a good chance both the saddle and bar tape will end up being grey - I plan to keep the S-Works Toupe (I like it, nice saddle) and get some grey leather paint to sort that. For now the bar tape will probably go back to the dark silver Fizik stuff.

The Ambrosios are solid as a rock out of the saddle, they just don't move. Get them built by a decent wheel builder and there's no reason that they'll be as laterally stiff as anything out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com