Cannondale EVO race bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

itsacarr

by itsacarr

This was my race bike I wound up with pretty late in the season so the bike is still just about brand new as you can tell. I am no professional photographer and certainly no professional mechanic; but I get the job done so don't heckle me too much for the build :)

Anyway, here's my Cannondale. The hi mods I raced earlier this year were fantastic and this one is equally as nice with a good build to it. Nothing exceptionally light but nice given what was put on it.

Cannondale EVO 54
SRAM Red
Hollowgram SRM
Look Keo2Max
3T Team Ergosum 42
Easton EC90 Tubular / Challenge tubulars
Enve Zero setback seat post
Selle Italia SLR
TRP 970Sl "oreo" brakes
Deda servizio corsa 120 stem
FIZIK tape, Gore cables, a few spacers and some fancy cages.

Ok, now it's your turn to tare it apart lol :)

Just ride ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdc5r

by jdc5r

zebra bike!

Nice porportions

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Thanks! While I didn't have a choice in the matter frame color wise I do think the EVO's could do a better job offering some nicer color schemes. They have a matte black one with red on the inside that is Di2 specific, that one looks very nice. Albeit a few other brands as we know have the same offerings. The Zebra does look sharp in person though even if it's a little blinding :shock:
Just ride ..

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Gorgeous, I can't think of anything else I'd rather race, aside from a Cervelo R5 CA. How much weight does the SRM and display head unit add?

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Congrats! Solid work balancing the B&W and subtle red bits.

As final mods, have you considered lighter I-Link cables and/or QR skewers?

limba

by limba

Very nice. I like the extra red bits. I usually don't like that sort of thing. Let us know how that wheelset lasts.

laleme

by laleme

awesome! :thumbup:

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Thanks guys.

The crankset I believe is right around 730 grams.

The head unit if im not mistaken is around 70 grams.

Most of the bits on this bike were sponsor related so I didn't have too much choice but the skewers were in fact mine and are the DT Swiss titanium non cam ones.

As far as the wheel set is concerned, my take on them these days is that the hubs have been sufficiently upgraded over the years to no longer be as much of a pain as they used to be. People used to have to replace the bearings pretty frequently - while they do need to be made sure the hubs themselves are tight, they are good and solid. The wheel itself typically gets made pretty darn well from the factory right now and is both reasonably light and aero. It's not a wheel imo that sits above the rest in any category but one that is pretty darn good at everything. I have seen this bike with a fancy set of 32's and it chunks about a pound off of it. But I also raced these wheels in third world countries on and off road and they are still in true :) That doesn't reflect my tires themselves being destroyed but whatever ha.

The bike definitely does not feel quick as "quick" as the mi mod did but it is certainly more comfortable on the rear with the flat stays.

I would be curious how the R5ca compares.

This was a longer response than I had planned :unbelievable:
Just ride ..

53x12

by 53x12

Very nice. Btw, is the black section raw carbon or is it painted?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

itsacarr

by itsacarr

All the blacks on the frame are painted .... that would be pretty dang nice if they were nude carbon .... this frame I think was meant for a bit of mass appeal but unless I try and trade or sell the bike for something else - stripped and re painting may be pretty fun.
Just ride ..

irf3

by irf3

Black bar tape and we have a winner. Great build otherwise, love the eastons on there.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Yeah I have always been a sucker for white bar tape but I think when it gets time to replace this batch ill swap over and see how black treats me. God knows it would be easier to keep clean.
Just ride ..

lcoolb

by lcoolb

irf3 wrote:Black bar tape and we have a winner. Great build otherwise, love the eastons on there.

+1, or black hoods and stem. Other than that, outstanding. Gorgeous bike!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I'll echo the comments: that is one definite head-turner! Looks great. Good luck with your races!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.