Scott 3 - update- new pics on latest post

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

First I Scott 1 & 2.

1 is the 11.5 lb addict (on the right). Scott 2 is a cross frame I built up for lousy weather.

Scott 1 & 2.jpg

What to do next-- Scott 3.

Scott 3 (res).jpg

This should be fun. I'm doing this one on a budget (and weight isn't as important - save that for the addict) so I picked up the 3t aura bars 2nd hand at a bike shop, sram apex cranks and shimano 105 fd are here.

arriving soon are sram apex RD, stronglight TT chainrings, sram apex brake calipers, 3t brake levers, exustar pedals (what the heck, I already have 2 other sets), cables, sram 500 shifters, some various length ritchey wcs 4-axis stems, ultegra cassette.

I already own a set of Hed H3C wheels so that's done, also have another ax-lightness saddle I'll test out on this setup. So far the only WW move has been replacing the scott topcap with an edge one I had laying around to knock 5g off. It also looks better!

I should have everything by the end of this week and then I just need to put it together. That all 3 frames are scott -- total coincidence (maybe not).
Last edited by mdeth1313 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Great WW on the Addict. Definately a fan of Scott myself, the lightest bike i own, my R1.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Couple of changes along the way - biggest one was I realized I had enough i-links and mini i-links to use those instead of jagwire housing. Still not done, I'm waiting on a rear mount for my bottle cages, a cobb saddle and a 3t pro 17 degree stem. Almost ready!
Attachments
Scott plasma bars a.jpg
Scott plasma components a.jpg
Scott plasma crank (1) a.jpg
Scott plasma build a.jpg
scott plasma 6-12 a.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Here's the latest-- I'm the proud owner of a missile! Oh man is this thing awesome!

The saddle looks ugly in the pic, but it's really working comfort and position-wise.
Attachments
scott plasma ac a.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

The only real change I've made is ditching the 3t aura bars for PRO missile bars. The lowest position I could get the armrests to was about 2cm higher than where they are on the PRO bars. I'm much more comfortable and I feel like I'm getting more power from this position. I was also very uncomfortable when I had to go to the brake levers, the 3t bars were 42cm and the PRO is 38. I also like the drop on the PRO, it allows me to stay in a more natural (lower) and aero position.

Since it's also weight weenies, I should probably mention that changing the bars also dropped a little over 220g off the bike!!! :mrgreen:
Attachments
Scott Plasma LTD 7-6 a.jpg
Speedplay is the devil!