Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:01 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:57 pm 

A series of mechanical malfunctions and frame crackage put my in a bit of a bind going into 2 weeks were I'll be doing 3 sportives plus riding a 5 day trip from Venice to the Stelvio. I needed something fast. I had snagged an Isaac Sonic frame off German ebay for cheap a while ago and quickly ordered up a mishmash Athena groupset. I didn't want to invest tons into this as hopefully my Merckx will get replaced by the manufacturer (fingers crossed, stress crack in headtube).

Campag Athena 50-34
Chorus 11-27
Ultegra cabon pedals
Thomson setback post
Thomson X4 0 deg stem (though it'd look nice w/ the chunkiness of the frame and match the post)
FSA wing compact pro
Spesh Romin
Neutron Tubulars with Sprinter Gatorskins

All in about 7.8 kgs, took the maiden voyage and first impression is that it come in between my 2 previous bikes (EMX-5 and Canyon Ultimate CF). A bit quicker than the occasionally barge like Merckx but with none of the jitteriness of the Canyon. It's got a nice 'taut' feeling to it. So far so good....

crappy mobile pics, oh well...

IMG_0700.JPG [ 13.24 KiB | Viewed 1480 times ]
IMG_0701.JPG [ 11.07 KiB | Viewed 1480 times ]
IMG_0704.JPG [ 79.79 KiB | Viewed 1458 times ]
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:26 pm 

I've always loved Sonics! The wheels and groupset match nicely

"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:26 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:41 pm 

very nice bike!

after riding an isaac sonic 2007-modell for several years (very expensive and light frameset), i got, for ästhetical reasons, one of those ebay-insolvency-isaacs for 600.- euros as well. it has a slightly different appaerance to your isaac. i graded it up with a 300 gramm-3t-rigida-team-fork.
love the ride, the geometry fits perfect for me.
beyond that, its a very stable and reliable frameset, i used it in many races without any problems. the price/performance-relationship of those ebay-isaacs is (or, better, was) unbeatable. (only the lacquering, it is durable, but a bit messy in some areas. i think, the ebay-seller (rockenstein-paintworks) painted those framesets without a pause!)

sorry vor mai bed englisch!