Launch the Alert 5! Isaac Sonic

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

A series of mechanical malfunctions and frame crackage put my in a bit of a bind going into 2 weeks were I'll be doing 3 sportives plus riding a 5 day trip from Venice to the Stelvio. I needed something fast. I had snagged an Isaac Sonic frame off German ebay for cheap a while ago and quickly ordered up a mishmash Athena groupset. I didn't want to invest tons into this as hopefully my Merckx will get replaced by the manufacturer (fingers crossed, stress crack in headtube).

Campag Athena 50-34
Chorus 11-27
Ultegra cabon pedals
Thomson setback post
Thomson X4 0 deg stem (though it'd look nice w/ the chunkiness of the frame and match the post)
FSA wing compact pro
Spesh Romin
Neutron Tubulars with Sprinter Gatorskins

All in about 7.8 kgs, took the maiden voyage and first impression is that it come in between my 2 previous bikes (EMX-5 and Canyon Ultimate CF). A bit quicker than the occasionally barge like Merckx but with none of the jitteriness of the Canyon. It's got a nice 'taut' feeling to it. So far so good....

crappy mobile pics, oh well...
Attachments
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG

by Weenie

Kastrup

by Kastrup

I've always loved Sonics! The wheels and groupset match nicely
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

Krull

by Krull

very nice bike!

after riding an isaac sonic 2007-modell for several years (very expensive and light frameset), i got, for ästhetical reasons, one of those ebay-insolvency-isaacs for 600.- euros as well. it has a slightly different appaerance to your isaac. i graded it up with a 300 gramm-3t-rigida-team-fork.
love the ride, the geometry fits perfect for me.
beyond that, its a very stable and reliable frameset, i used it in many races without any problems. the price/performance-relationship of those ebay-isaacs is (or, better, was) unbeatable. (only the lacquering, it is durable, but a bit messy in some areas. i think, the ebay-seller (rockenstein-paintworks) painted those framesets without a pause!)
sorry vor mai bed englisch!