Final build Wilier Zero.7 SR11 10 POUND BIKE

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ricorob

by ricorob

I have a Tufo 160. It's in my pocket for a spare! ;~)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

what size is this? Sorry if I missed that
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

jwilliams

by jwilliams

Large. There is said to be 50-60 grams between sizes eg a medium would be about 749, and thats been recorded as a true weight here.
Wilier Zero.7 SR11 being built
2011 C59 Di2 AX SRT 24's, THM Calvica, Fibula
2010 RXR VIP @ Red RXR Sold
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

im struggling to find where your bike is so much lighter than mine. My frame is an xl and it weighed in at 844 grams. I know your tires are much lighter but I dont see over 2 lbs difference. What does your light wheel set weigh in at?
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Ferrari 458
Willier Zero 7
Colnago C59...
Nissan GTR...

Farmers Insurance sales must be doing very good for you. Congradulations!
Any job openings?

P.S. I have been following your bicycle builds and they are fantastic. Enjoy in good health!

jwilliams

by jwilliams

Its the small bits that add up. The wheels, glued up with Casette are right around 1310 g. Thats huge weight savings when most wheels are over 1300g with out tires or casette. THM cranks, extralite chain rings, thm Fibula brakes, POP saddle 60 grams, and MCFK seat post 100g. Im just saying I have just listed some parts that are about,if not the lightest around. Even the Ilink cables and new ultimate bits shave almost a a fith of a pound. Fact of the matter is if your 45 grams in the frame, and 200 or so grams in tires, and another 300-400 grams in wheels and other parts is right about 2 - 1 1/2 pounds.

kevosinn wrote:im struggling to find where your bike is so much lighter than mine. My frame is an xl and it weighed in at 844 grams. I know your tires are much lighter but I dont see over 2 lbs difference. What does your light wheel set weigh in at?
MY RXR VIP-> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SlipperyT

by SlipperyT

Would be nice to see a scale shot by Fairwheel.

jwilliams

by jwilliams

I'm sure Jason aka MADCOW can vouch for the weight. Im a good 6 hour drive fom his shop. But he has my build on Excell spread sheet.

I am also going to be moving the hubs to a set of hed belgium C23 hoops for a good aluminum daily rider set. So the enve 1.25 are going to sit until dash has the new uber lite hubs out. :)

I built this bike for my own goal of sub 10lbs. As you can see I am a goal oriented person. If I was not successful I would not have stopped till it was achived. I spared no expense, and truth be told, the last 100 or so grams cost me a pretty penny. I hope you enjoyed the thread.

jwilliams

by jwilliams

Thanks, I work very hard and most of my clients are connected to cycling from bike shops to manufacturers. I have a flare for fine italian craftmanship. Unless you need a 3.0 second car and the lamborghini Aventador is 2.9 and the GT-R is $300,000 less and can do the same run at 2.8. No brainer if you ask me. But thanks again !

mnmasotto wrote:Ferrari 458
Willier Zero 7
Colnago C59...
Nissan GTR...

Farmers Insurance sales must be doing very good for you. Congradulations!
Any job openings?

P.S. I have been following your bicycle builds and they are fantastic. Enjoy in good health!