Not a fan of black on black.

But this bike I like. Very nice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

citypair

by citypair

I've been looking at this frame myself, however I cant find just the framset for sale, how much was it? Just the frame and fork?

irf3

by irf3

I'm not sure you can buy it as a frameset only. The team I made it onto this summer helped us out and gave these to us for a small deposit. I think what they did was buy the complete bikes, strip them of the parts, give us the frames, and are currently selling off the parts through the shop.

Honestly, it's a great bike and when it comes complete, it comes really well spec'd. If you aren't a fan of sram and the fsa stuff, I'm sure you can sell that stuff off and come out with a well-priced frame.

citypair

by citypair

I currently ride a Ridley compact with SRAM Force shifters and Red cranks so I really don't need the components but I do want to upgrade from the aluminum frame.
Do you have the weight of just the frame and fork?

irf3

by irf3

I don't have the exact, very un-weight-weenie of me...I know. When I got it from the shop they had already installed the headset and pressed in the bearings. With that, I remember it being very close in weight to my caad10.

LaBaroudeurRouleur

by LaBaroudeurRouleur

Hi,

Great looking bike! Do you know what the weight of the complete build is (inc. pedals)?

irf3

by irf3

The last update. Sadly this bike has to go back to the sponsors but it was awesome having it.

MossIcon

by MossIcon

@irf3

No! Sorry to hear you had to give it back.
How would you say this frame rode compared to your CAAD? I ask because I've narrowed my new bike search to either the Izalco Pro 3.0 or a CAAD 10 built up with a Red/Force mix.

I can't test ride an Izalco because the dealers nearby don't have any in stock.

irf3

by irf3

I really like them both, super tough choice. I've never really been a person who can tell a difference between two bikes beyond the fit and the Izalco and CAAD geometry is basically identical.

If I had to make a comparison, I would say the Izalco rode a little smoother but that's obviously because of the carbon vs. aluminum construction. I'm a big fan of internal cable routing, it keeps everything very clean so that was a big draw to the Focus. Frame and fork combined weigh almost the same. I'm only 140lbs so I'm not feeling any flex in either frame but you can see the Izalco has an ENORMOUS shell. But, I know a lot of big guys (175lbs +) that are super happy with the CAAD. Finally I raced the CAAD all during the last collegiate road season and crashed it 3 times. It held up like a champ, barely a scratch, that thing is a lightweight tank.

MossIcon

by MossIcon

irf3 wrote:I really like them both, super tough choice. I've never really been a person who can tell a difference between two bikes beyond the fit and the Izalco and CAAD geometry is basically identical.

If I had to make a comparison, I would say the Izalco rode a little smoother but that's obviously because of the carbon vs. aluminum construction. I'm a big fan of internal cable routing, it keeps everything very clean so that was a big draw to the Focus. Frame and fork combined weigh almost the same. I'm only 140lbs so I'm not feeling any flex in either frame but you can see the Izalco has an ENORMOUS shell. But, I know a lot of big guys (175lbs +) that are super happy with the CAAD. Finally I raced the CAAD all during the last collegiate road season and crashed it 3 times. It held up like a champ, barely a scratch, that thing is a lightweight tank.

Thanks. It's a difficult decision between the two. Made more difficult by my inability to test ride.
Also, Focus prices are so good there's a bit of "too good to be true" feeling there.

I prefer the graphics on the Focus and like that they're a somewhat niche brand, but the CAAD has such a great history and is so well-reviewed that its tough to turn down. Also if I do the CAAD build it'd come with the new Red with the Yaw front derailleur.