Building a new project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rockymtnway

by rockymtnway

Greetings,
I just returned from the UK and bought a 2006 Scott Genius RC LTD frame to build up. This is a bike that is unavailable in the US, so it'll have huge bling over here. This site has already offered immeasurable help in ordering kit to set it up-thanks to all of those who have contributed to the listings.

Mark (aka Rocky)
2001 Bianchi SL-2 Reparto Corse
2006 Rocky Mountain ETSX 70
2006 Scott Genius RC-LTD
2007 Rocky Mountain Element 70

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tippster

by Tippster

:welcome:

and good luck!
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Wish you would have told me you were going, I would have asked you to pick one up for me as well. :wink:

rockymtnway

by rockymtnway

nexusheli wrote:Wish you would have told me you were going, I would have asked you to pick one up for me as well. :wink:

Customs was entertaining as 'ell as it was, just bringing one back. I told them that I stripped out my BB while changing it in the UK, thus had to buy a new bike. I didn't bother to mention it was one that couldn't be sold in the US and he didn't ask. :lol:

I'll let you know next time I head over, and I'll pick you one up :wink: I'm already Jonesing to go back. Eight days touring the UK (loved the Marin trail, Karroughtree and Glentress) and 13 days in Tuscany, staying at a hotel co-owned by Thomas Freschknicht, 2005 Marathon World Champion, and riding some of the sweetest natural singletrack I've ever set tyres to. If I could afford it, I'd go back for round two in a heartbeat! :mrgreen:
2006 Scott Genius RC-LTD

Tippster

by Tippster

Did you get to see much of teh trails in Wales?
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

rockymtnway

by rockymtnway

Tippster wrote:Did you get to see much of teh trails in Wales?

Started with a ride in the Peaks, then did two in Wales, Karrimor and Marin before moving north for Karroughtree, Glentress, Interleithen, Helvellyn/Sticks Pass, and finished with Swalesdale before heading off to Italy. Eight straight days of epic riding was phenomenal. I had a great set of guides (locals) and really enjoyed seeing a whole different world from the front range, rocky mountains and Moab than I'm used to. Our trails may get a lot of press, but the Marin trail was one of my favorites... and that comes from a guy who racks up over 2,000 mtb miles a year in the Colorado high country.
2006 Scott Genius RC-LTD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com