NeilPryde Alize buildup

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JensW

by JensW

Just have finished the buildup of my bike for 2012, it´s just some adjusting and mounting the x-dome cassette to be done.
Must say that this have to be one of the nicer frames i have tested so far, felt like i had a lot of hours on it after the first ride.

Frame: Neilpryde Alize L
Seatpost: NeilPryde
Shifters: Sram Red 2012
Front and Rear Mech: Sram Red 2012
Casette: Sram Red 2012 x-dome
Chain: Sram 1091R
Crankset: Rotor 3D+ Rotor Aero chainrings
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Ti upgraded
Stem/handlebar: Pro Stelth evo
Tape: Fizik black
Bottle Cages: Arundel Mandible
Saddle: Fizik kurve bull
Wheels: Easton EC90 Aero clincher
Tires: Continental force in the back, and attack in the front.
Tubes: Michelin latex
Skewers: planet-x

Weight 7160 grams, so not superlight, mainly because of the wheels that are really heavy, but at the same time, this is my everyday wheelset, and where i live, it´s really flat, so aero is more important :D

Have raced with it two times, and REALY love the bike, the wheels spins really good and the frame feels fast and stif, but at the same time, not "nervous".
Attachments
P5050866.JPG
P5050867.jpg
P5050868.jpg
P5050869.jpg
Last edited by JensW on Sat May 05, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Jens, thanks for this.

Looking forward to your build list, weight as finished and also a ride report.

:thumbup:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Nice to see something different here, tell us more!

JensW

by JensW

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:Nice to see something different here, tell us more!

what do you want to know? :D

dcj9

by dcj9

i quite like this :thumbup:

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

why the frame? why the wheels etc.... a really nice looking , different build, don't see any Prydes in the UK ( not that i have seen anyways)

JensW

by JensW

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:why the frame? why the wheels etc.... a really nice looking , different build, don't see any Prydes in the UK ( not that i have seen anyways)

i "found" neil pride as brand already last year, but then already had bought a nice frame. I really like the design of neilprydes bikes and there philosophy about building bikes without compromise and no cutting corners to get a frame out fast. if they have to use a wind tunnel, they do (they have spent a lot of time in wind tunnel with alize), even if it cost a lot. no shapes on the frames are there just for aesthetic, every shape on the frame has a "reason" and a thought behind it. Think it was madcow here on ww, that had meet Mike Pryde, and had the same "feeling" about the brand. Mike is really serious about it, and the weight on the site has to be real, if it say 1040 frame for a same in L, it has to be with everything, and the heaviest colour and so on, så when customers get it, it´s 1040 or less, no more. Have talked some with both Mike Pryde and Mike Rice (you can se him here, presenting the Bura SL http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ok--33370/ ) on internet over mail and messages, and they are really serious people and have one of the best service i have found on the market, answer fast (even middle of the night), good service, ever to solve problems and to give superb service. I don't get any payment for saying this, this is how my impression of them is. There bike also have got a lot of good feedbags in reviews. will be interesting to se reviews on there new super light frame and there time trial frames.

The wheels, manly because of that i got a really good price on them in a local store and that the distributor here in sweden, has the office in the city where i live and there service technician is one of my friends, so if i get problem i know it get solved fast.
the handlebar came from my 2011 bike, but i really like it, like the shape and how stif it is. Sram red 2012, who don´t whant the latest gears :D Also like the shapes of the hoods and how good they work, and the function :D The crankset, i like the design, i like that they have 30 mm axle (the frame desk´t have bb30, other ways i would have hollow gram sisal, the Bura SL will have PF30) and the rotor q-rings. had them last year, and i imagine that they are good for my knees (have knee problems).

airwise

by airwise

Nice bike. I have to say the Alize is one of the better bikes I've enjoyed riding over the past year. My red/white one has shown itself to be both comfortable and fast. I look forward to seeing more.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Spicy looking bike! The wheels look very good on it.

How comfortable is the frame? Is it very hard or does it offer enough damping?

Sorry for all the questions but you've got me thinking. :)
Ride it like you stole it

jsinclair

by jsinclair

First time I've seen a bike with easton wheels and thought "they match really well".

nice

JensW

by JensW

Tomstr wrote:Spicy looking bike! The wheels look very good on it.

How comfortable is the frame? Is it very hard or does it offer enough damping?

Sorry for all the questions but you've got me thinking. :)

i think it´s very comfortable without any feeling of being to soft. it´s still reacts very well in acceleration. so if you ask me, it´s a very good combination between two important characteristics of a frame.

someday i will order a bike from them that are custom painted, considering that they offer it and it doesn´t cost a lot, i think thats a nice treat to get a really special bike. At the same time, i really like the "pearl" effect in the blue on this frame.

ask as many questions you want, have no problem to answer them :D so if you have more, bring it on :D

jsinclair wrote:First time I've seen a bike with easton wheels and thought "they match really well".

nice

Usually i like wheels which are stript from decals/stickers, a "stealth look", but i have to admit, on this frame, with there layout on the frame, the easton wheels work very well with al there stickers (that are painted and can't be removed easy, so i´m glad it look good :D)

Sam

by Sam

It looks like a pro tour bike. With white handlebar tape that is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JensW

by JensW

Sam wrote:It looks like a pro tour bike. With white handlebar tape that is.

then i need a white saddle to :D and the differents is that they can change the tape every day :D