New Planet X N2A - Now Built, Pics on Page 2.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Guy

by Guy

I'd be interested in a verified weight of the frame and fork. The headtube junction makes it look heavy, even if it may not be.

£800 is pretty much top whack for a Chinese frame and there are a few new models from Hong Fu, Deng Fu etc. that are better value.

Nevertheless, a nice looking bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

superlav wrote:I also have been waiting weeks and months for the N2A and finally got my frame today :)

However, I was more than a little disappointed when I put it on the scales 1272g for a Large. WTF!!!
I thought I might have a wrong size or something, but then when I checked the P-X website I see they have revised the weight upwards by almost 300g :evil:

danny4xboy wrote: Its comes it at just under 1kg, 987g to be precise.

Danny, I'm curious to know if you weighed your frame or were you quoting the listed weight?

I'm disgusted!!! This is heavier than my old and battered P-X SL Pro Carbon.

Frame - 1272
Fork (Uncut) - 434g
Seatpost - 201g
Headset - 79g
Total = 1986g

oh damn... dont say that. the frameset was looking soo attractive. 300g difference, why? it is a bit of a bait and switch. they said they were using t800/t700 carbon, maybe they are using lesser quality carbon and have to use more to get the same results, thus a heavier frame?

regardless its still a nice bike, just less attractive now.

driesvdb

by driesvdb

Proud admin of thecarbonbikes.com, a forum dedicated to Chinese frames and bike parts
http://thecarbonbikes.com

spytech

by spytech

driesvdb wrote:Look what I found!

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/54280 ... _700c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

interesting... so it seems to be an open mould. i wonder how much they are charging for the frameset and if they offer a superlite version. the chinese oem's have been giving the option for a lighter frameset using Toray T1000 instead of T700 carbon. i wonder if they offer it for this frameset? maybe that way you can get closer to the original quoted weight.

superlav

by superlav

So my new frame arrived today, it's a large, and is certainly not a weight weenie:

Frame - 1224g
Fork (Uncut) - 407g
Seatpost - 196g
Headset - 134g
Total = 1961g

I'm torn because I really like the frame, but was looking forward to going a few hundred grams lighter than what I have at the moment. The old nanolight and SL Pro Carbon weight in less than this, but are not nearly as stiff.

driesvdb

by driesvdb

I changed my mind!

I will buy a dengfu fm098 with my own design.

Proud admin of thecarbonbikes.com, a forum dedicated to Chinese frames and bike parts
http://thecarbonbikes.com