New Planet X N2A - Now Built, Pics on Page 2.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

The frame is a large which comes out about a 56cm. Not sure of ten fork weight but will find out.

As for a build list, I will just be transferring the kit from my nanolight which mainly consists of SRAM force with quart chainset, zipp finishing kit and fast forward F4R's. Nothing mega pimp but live by the motto that I will race what I can afford to replace. Providing its functional and won't put me at a disadvantage then it's good enough for me.

I pressed the BB30 adapter in yesterday and will be completing the build tomorrow hopefully after I get back from this weekend's stage race. Watch this space.
Rapid Performance Coaching
http://www.rpc-cyclecoach.co.uk
Personal one-one coaching and performance training

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

driesvdb

by driesvdb

Still waiting for the result!
Proud admin of thecarbonbikes.com, a forum dedicated to Chinese frames and bike parts
http://thecarbonbikes.com

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

The bike is al built but its covered in grime from a couple of rides I have done.

I will try and get some shots done tonight if the rain stops and I can wash it.

Dan

spytech

by spytech

danny4xboy wrote:The bike is al built but its covered in grime from a couple of rides I have done.

I will try and get some shots done tonight if the rain stops and I can wash it.

Dan

thats cool, even though you took her for a ride before you showed us...lol. JK

but in the mean time let us know how she rides? what were your bikes before this, and how does she compare.

thanks in advance.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Tha't s huge seatpost clamp - looks massively over built and ugly as! I do like the paint job though.

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

Hi Guys,

Finally I managed to get the chance to get some quick pics of the bike after I washed it yesterday. Its pretty much all build except for a few minor tweeks. I will post up a full review of the bike after this weekends stage race where I will get the chance to put it through its paces.

Initial impresssion after a couple of quick rides are extreamly good. Having ridden its little brother, the Nanaolight, this is noticably stiffer and the front end is a lot more responsive. Its certainly more dialed in for racing as the ride is slightly harsher than the Nanolight but I prefer that. Its the first time I have felt like a little kid again on a bike and despite the terrible weather here in the UK, I have been out everyday lapping it up.

I will get a final weight once i have finsihed cutting down the steerer tube. I would really love to here your comments on what you think.

Regards
Dan

astranoc

by astranoc

Nice! Wheels match it up nicely as well. Did you manage to get individual weights for fork/seatpost/clamp/headset?

danny4xboy

by danny4xboy

astranoc wrote:Nice! Wheels match it up nicely as well. Did you manage to get individual weights for fork/seatpost/clamp/headset?

Yeah, the wheels work really well with the overal colour scheme.

I did get the weights and have them noted down somewhere, I will post them up in the full review.

Dan

spytech

by spytech

Thanks for the build pics. the bike looks great. i am not a fan of sram, but otherwise i like the build. when you say it is noticeably harsher, how long was the ride, and did you feel anymore fatigued than your other nano? any other bikes you could compare it too?

the rear der. cable looks a bit long.

solarider

by solarider

Looks nice, but get some helicopter tape applied (particularly around the cables) if you are worried about the finish.

Amazing f&f weight for the price.

Purely cosmetic if the fit is good, but the saddle is quite far forward. Maybe a shorter stem and move it back? Agree on the rear mech cable housing length. Picking small things there though.

Enjoy the British Summer!

gravity

by gravity

Really really nice! I like it mucho mucho!

Btw can you tell us how's the wheel rides? Particularly the hubs? I'm considering FFWD wheels and still not sure whether or not to the get the wheels with DT Swiss 240s or with FFWD's own hubs..

JensW

by JensW

TerribleCadence wrote:Is this the one thats not actually an open mold chinese flexy frame?

flexy? the other frame, the one you are talking about, are from beginning designed by velocity, and velocities version is far from flexy :D

but this aero frame is much more interesting :D

cerro

by cerro

looks pretty good but put that handlebar down so the levers are straight.

BmanX

by BmanX

Why should he do that because that is the way you ride your bars? I say ride it like you want and if you want the brakes tilted up so be it. Seemed to work for someone that won the Tour 7 times.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

fa63

by fa63

I really like how this one came out; well done :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com