The Other Cyfac XCR

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Need I bring up the Deda stem :shock: ..... haha
You can, I am measured as a 140, which will be a 3T Team de-striped this is a loaner 130.
Couple of reasons for this first of, this was done 2 weeks ago:

Eat your heart out Cancellara 8 pins, a plate and a bone graft

So I have left 1cm above on the fork and 1 cm shorted as I think I will need a more upright position for a few months. If I have longer term issues, and come back to a 12, I will put a LTD on

.you have to lose the red saddle
Surprised how this photographed, actually, it came out really orange under flash. This is actually one of the best photos
drag your eyes away, and I don't want my eyes dragged in that direction
very good point, I had this seat as I won it in a club raffle, my favourite at the moment is the Selle Italia Throok, only problem is they don't make them any more and mine was torn a little in the crash, so it is staying on the trainer, so I want to try the Fizik as a lot of people love them. I have thought of getting a Busyman seat, black with a tricolour stripe down the centre, but that will be a later as it is a little dear...
Team red stripe from the post.
Wash your mouth out, that would be a custom painted Cyfac post :wink: front is red, rear stripe is blue, and the Cyfac writing is white on the side, the paint is under clear. The posts are made for them in Asia somewhere (same as the fork) and I don't have a specific weight but I doubt it is really light, 3T LTD is a possibility, but low priority.

Better photos to come but weather has been putrid, and it really doesn't show the gleaming steel with a flash

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

notsoswift

by notsoswift

OK the Blue, again the flash really makes it bolder than in natural light, especially since it is is normally in the "shadow" of the seat

hasbeen

by hasbeen

dayuuuum, :shock:
more pics please. :popcorn:
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

jghall

by jghall

Beautiful bike.

Agree, need some more/better pictures.

Not a big fan of the red saddle either.

Would have to look again, but my Cyfac post is not too bad. Not ww light, but not a pig either.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Fantastic frame (and this is coming from an Italian!). :wink:

Please do post more and better pictures!

And good to hear you are recuperating!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

bencolem

by bencolem

Fantastic! Just bought a Cyfac - wish I'd gone for stainless steel now! Personally I'd have considered a tricolour on either side of the post to pick up on the sublime fork detail but - other than needing better pics - can't fault it. Fantastic!

Dallez

by Dallez

Fantastic.

Could we get a full side view please?

notsoswift

by notsoswift

bencolem wrote:Fantastic! Just bought a Cyfac - wish I'd gone for stainless steel now! Personally I'd have considered a tricolour on either side of the post to pick up on the sublime fork detail but - other than needing better pics - can't fault it. Fantastic!

I am really happy with the fork, I didn't focus on it until the better pictures come up (test to see who notices!), and I think you are right, Tricolour together on the post would have been better
I even considered Controltech bars and stem for his reason but they couldn't quite rock my boat

Dallez wrote:Fantastic.

Could we get a full side view please?
Not just yet, the side one came out so crap I wouldn't want to put it into the public arena!
When the sun comes out I will get some though, promise :thumbup:

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Well
A LONG time since my last update and I have now ridden it twice (it is complicated)

I rode it the other day and it was grey and wet on the ground and pretty ordinary, but I can tell you I was just so happy to be on the bike after ... (gulp) 9 months

So I decide to ride to work today and it is a lovely sunny day and I just had that urge to take a photo of it, it is only a Blackberry, so hardly the greatest, but it is a start
I have the 140 mm Stem at home, so that is the next job, as well as a good wipe down after riding it in the rain :oops:
More and better photos will come

So, what is it like:
Well The whole thing feels so "together" really hooked up compared to the old LOOK, I feel nothing I don't need to but everything I do. It is vastly smoother yet more efficient at the same time. I am not pushing any thing at the moment, I've not even tried to do a real sprint out of the saddle, so this is pretty subjective, but the goal I set out to achieve seems to have come to fruition.

KB

by KB

Well done mate. Lovely bike. Wasn't sure about nude brazed welds, but it's hardly noticeable. Only thing I would change is the saddle to black.