Hecho in La Jolla, SUPLICY Bikes.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

nspace

by nspace

I think it looks great. Short stem...sure. Use whatever works and feels comfortable. If he goes down a frame size then he has to show even more post and more saddle to bar drop, and then he would be subject to all the comments about how his spacer stack is too high. I know what its like to try and fit on a bike with really long legs and a short torso, gotta do what you gotta do to make it right.

by Weenie

hetchins68

by hetchins68

nspace wrote:I think it looks great. Short stem...sure. Use whatever works and feels comfortable. If he goes down a frame size then he has to show even more post and more saddle to bar drop, and then he would be subject to all the comments about how his spacer stack is too high. I know what its like to try and fit on a bike with really long legs and a short torso, gotta do what you gotta do to make it right.

true, that what was exactly happened.
That is why i got a better handlebar reach/drop (now Ergonova LTD 123/77) as well
(it was FSA Kwing 145/90 on it before this pict)

And you can refuse getting the frame for almost free :lol: :mrgreen: if its only 1-2cm bigger than what u usually ride. :beerchug: :thumbup:

hetchins68

by hetchins68

Rumsas wrote:I really like that frame, never heard nothing about those bikes before. how is stiffness ?

my first carbon frame, i used to ride all steel (colnago, hetchins etc.....). Others who owns the same bike said it is a stiff one :)

thanks for the compliments.. :thumbup: :beerchug:

surfsjp

by surfsjp

hetchins - I live in Mission Beach. Do you know if they have an assembly shop or do i have to go to moment cycles to see one?

hetchins68

by hetchins68

surfsjp wrote:hetchins - I live in Mission Beach. Do you know if they have an assembly shop or do i have to go to moment cycles to see one?

I don't think they have any assembly shop.
Where is moment cycles @ ?

Kasparz

by Kasparz

What is that Shimano 6700 thing? Is it a brick?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Kasparz wrote:What is that Shimano 6700 thing? Is it a brick?

I agree.....if you are going to run rotor chainrings you are negating the only benefit to the 6700 crankset. I would spend some money and get a Rotor crankset (only about $300-$400) and loose some of the weight off the crank.

:thumbup: :beerchug:

hetchins68

by hetchins68

btompkins0112 wrote:
Kasparz wrote:What is that Shimano 6700 thing? Is it a brick?

I agree.....if you are going to run rotor chainrings you are negating the only benefit to the 6700 crankset. I would spend some money and get a Rotor crankset (only about $300-$400) and loose some of the weight off the crank.

:thumbup: :beerchug:

agree.... I'm actually still undecided wether i'm gonna go Rotor or something else ;)
or getting new frame with BB30 which i have to get another crank if i'm getting GXP crank now..
so its still on going project..

:beerchug: :thumbup: :mrgreen:

surfsjp

by surfsjp

[/quote]I don't think they have any assembly shop.
Where is moment cycles @ ?[/quote]

I think they just moved from OB to Liberty station. Never been there so don't quote me, just saw they were a distributor, along with Hi-Tech.

buttrumpus

by buttrumpus

Moment is in Liberty Station, probably one of the nicest shops in SD. So from what I heard, Suplicy doesn't really exist anymore due to some bad luck with their Asian manufacturing. You can go to Moment, but I don't know if they ever received a frame from Suplicy.

hetchins68

by hetchins68

buttrumpus wrote:Moment is in Liberty Station, probably one of the nicest shops in SD. So from what I heard, Suplicy doesn't really exist anymore due to some bad luck with their Asian manufacturing. You can go to Moment, but I don't know if they ever received a frame from Suplicy.

yes, thats what I heard. I bought mine used and I met the owner of Suplicy after i did some research about this frame.
Its a great frame!! , I know he is trying to sell some of his bike/sample/not sure what he calls it.
If you are very interested send me inbox with your info and I can ask him. :beerchug: :thumbup:

I know there is 1 at SD Craigslist for sale.
thanks !