Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:42 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 3:08 am
Posts: 323
Location: Milton, Canada
I think it looks great. Short stem...sure. Use whatever works and feels comfortable. If he goes down a frame size then he has to show even more post and more saddle to bar drop, and then he would be subject to all the comments about how his spacer stack is too high. I know what its like to try and fit on a bike with really long legs and a short torso, gotta do what you gotta do to make it right.


Top
   
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:04 am
Posts: 75
nspace wrote:
I think it looks great. Short stem...sure. Use whatever works and feels comfortable. If he goes down a frame size then he has to show even more post and more saddle to bar drop, and then he would be subject to all the comments about how his spacer stack is too high. I know what its like to try and fit on a bike with really long legs and a short torso, gotta do what you gotta do to make it right.


true, that what was exactly happened.
That is why i got a better handlebar reach/drop (now Ergonova LTD 123/77) as well
(it was FSA Kwing 145/90 on it before this pict)

And you can refuse getting the frame for almost free :lol: :mrgreen: if its only 1-2cm bigger than what u usually ride. :beerchug: :thumbup:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:04 am
Posts: 75
Rumsas wrote:
I really like that frame, never heard nothing about those bikes before. how is stiffness ?

my first carbon frame, i used to ride all steel (colnago, hetchins etc.....). Others who owns the same bike said it is a stiff one :)

thanks for the compliments.. :thumbup: :beerchug:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 63
Location: San Diego, CA
hetchins - I live in Mission Beach. Do you know if they have an assembly shop or do i have to go to moment cycles to see one?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:04 am
Posts: 75
surfsjp wrote:
hetchins - I live in Mission Beach. Do you know if they have an assembly shop or do i have to go to moment cycles to see one?


I don't think they have any assembly shop.
Where is moment cycles @ ?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:17 am
Posts: 609
Location: Latvia
What is that Shimano 6700 thing? Is it a brick?

_________________
Hand made upcycled bicycle tyre belts


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 am
Posts: 2693
Location: Mississippi
Kasparz wrote:
What is that Shimano 6700 thing? Is it a brick?


I agree.....if you are going to run rotor chainrings you are negating the only benefit to the 6700 crankset. I would spend some money and get a Rotor crankset (only about $300-$400) and loose some of the weight off the crank.

:thumbup: :beerchug:

_________________
Mosaic RS-1
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=138478

Cielo by Chris King Cross Racer
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134376


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:04 am
Posts: 75
btompkins0112 wrote:
Kasparz wrote:
What is that Shimano 6700 thing? Is it a brick?


I agree.....if you are going to run rotor chainrings you are negating the only benefit to the 6700 crankset. I would spend some money and get a Rotor crankset (only about $300-$400) and loose some of the weight off the crank.

:thumbup: :beerchug:


agree.... I'm actually still undecided wether i'm gonna go Rotor or something else ;)
or getting new frame with BB30 which i have to get another crank if i'm getting GXP crank now..
so its still on going project..

:beerchug: :thumbup: :mrgreen:


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:49 pm
Posts: 63
Location: San Diego, CA
[/quote]I don't think they have any assembly shop.
Where is moment cycles @ ?[/quote]

I think they just moved from OB to Liberty station. Never been there so don't quote me, just saw they were a distributor, along with Hi-Tech.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:06 pm
Posts: 30
Location: The Whale's Vagina
Moment is in Liberty Station, probably one of the nicest shops in SD. So from what I heard, Suplicy doesn't really exist anymore due to some bad luck with their Asian manufacturing. You can go to Moment, but I don't know if they ever received a frame from Suplicy.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:04 am
Posts: 75
buttrumpus wrote:
Moment is in Liberty Station, probably one of the nicest shops in SD. So from what I heard, Suplicy doesn't really exist anymore due to some bad luck with their Asian manufacturing. You can go to Moment, but I don't know if they ever received a frame from Suplicy.


yes, thats what I heard. I bought mine used and I met the owner of Suplicy after i did some research about this frame.
Its a great frame!! , I know he is trying to sell some of his bike/sample/not sure what he calls it.
If you are very interested send me inbox with your info and I can ask him. :beerchug: :thumbup:

I know there is 1 at SD Craigslist for sale.
thanks !


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Same bikes, no changes but stated to get...

in Training

kingkongsfinger

7

462

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 pm

alistaird View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Vintage Bikes

in Cycle Chat

Bely

6

642

Mon May 23, 2016 10:38 pm

bura View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. New member/my bikes

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Canofale

11

1366

Sun May 22, 2016 9:41 am

Canofale View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Factor Bikes

in Road

zappafile123

4

472

Mon May 09, 2016 12:33 pm

zappafile123 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Factor Bikes experience?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 ]

in Road

Bely

47

2880

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:34 am

superdx View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beefheart and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited