Red Hot Storck Fascenario 0.7-Updated finally!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TOflat

by TOflat

Finally have my hands on a Fascenario 0.7. I also managed to snag one of the first Sram Red 2012 groups in Ontario. The two are being built up as we speak!

Yes they're Giant, they're not tank bars though.
Almost too light, but very comfy
Titanium speedplay zero's with titanium bolts replacing the stock steel bolts. Pretty decent difference when holding the two side by side.
Didn't plan it, but managed to score one at the bike show in Toronto. I couldn't turn down the price nor the weight. It also glides and shifts like melted butter.
(315grams un-cut, saved 35grams after cutting, the fork has a threaded foam core that doesn't need an expansion cap, rather it has a threaded in set-screw with a threaded m5 hole running through that. Super lightweight and great idea to add rigidity to the steerer tube)
True weight weenies might have trashed this little bit, but the bike looks so much better with it installed.
(Very happy with these brakes, look better in person and have some great stopping power. Not as much as Dura-Ace though. I declined the set of the new Red brakes for these, just liked the look better and haven't had good experiences with the former Red brakes to begin with)
This will be changed out for the Tune Carbon seatpost clamp in the very near future
(Notice 125grams written on the seat..actual weight is disappointing)
(150gram bb, 52gram headset w/cone spacer, 14g hanger, 10g bottle cage bolts still inside. Overall 809gr frame, size 55)
It will be slammed

The back story on this bike was me wanting a Storck frame ever since I've seen them and felt one in person. Stupidly light and very impressively built. I work at a shop in Pickering and managed to snag one of the first 2012 Red groups to float into Canada and was absolutely thrilled to be able to finally build up a bike under the 15lb range. I thought sure, low 15 to high 14lb range when I'm done. I surprised myself when I had it on the scale unwrapped and it read 12.8lbs with the 48mm tubulars on it. (1460g wheelset without rubber and q/r's). Managed to pick up the Storck after talking to Mike at Blacksmith on and off for a few months, hooked me up good and proper with the Ax-Lightness seatpost, Envy Stem, and boss looking Envy topcap.
Overall the bike is in the 13.05lb range. I'll be getting a set of Clinchers to replace the tubulars for everyday riding which should actually bring the weight down by about 150grams, as well as change the skewers and seatpost clamp to carbon. Overall if I can get this bike down below 13.00lbs I'll be very happy. It is an incredibly smooth for such a light bike. Very responsive and very comfortable. Almost 2lbs lighter than my Cervelo R3 2011 with Dura Ace and about 2.3lbs lighter than my TCR SL 2010 Dura-Ace. Many thanks to the gentlemen at Blacksmith Cycles in Toronto for allowing me to give this frame a proper home!

Buildlist looks like this

Frame - 2011 Storck Fascenario 0.7 Size 55
Bars - Giant SL Carbon 42cm
Bartape- Fizik Microtex
Cables - Alligator I-links
Brakes - TRP 970SL magnesium
Stem- Envy 100mm
Seatpost - Ax-Lightness Daedelus 31.8mm
Saddle- Selle Italia Kit Carbonio
Shifters- Sram Red 2012
C/set- Sram Red 2012 172.5mm GXP
BB- Sram GXP Ceramic
Pedals- Speedplay Zero tuned
Chain - Dura Ace
Rear Der- Sram Red 2012
Front Der - Sram Red 2012
Cassette - Stronglite Aluminum 12-25
Wheelset - FFWD F5R (Discontinued)
Tubs - Continental Gp4000
(Bottle cages are undecided as of yet, s/post clamp, Q/R's, Wheels to be changed later)
Last edited by TOflat on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

This deserves a proper build chronicle and weight list. Please indulge us. :thumbup:

Wait... before you do anything, please post the frame and fork weights. What size is your frame?
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

TOflat

by TOflat

Darn right at Blacksmith! They were awesome to deal with.

As for detailed weights, I will attempt my best and use the scale we have at work!
(Thought I had no scale!?)
Last edited by TOflat on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I knew I recognised the floor :wink:

Mike is a great guy! Tell him to get back on here :thumbup:

konky

by konky

The Fascenario is a very, very special frame. Can't wait to see it built up!

TOflat

by TOflat

It is built!! Finally!! Enjoy the writeup and pictures!

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Wonderful build. Very impressive and great pictures. :thumbup:

I just keep seeing these and I want one, more and more.

billspreston

by billspreston

Great build! The matching 1K weave on the frame and wheels is a really nice touch.

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

absolutely stunning! congrats!

plpete

by plpete

Beautiful bike! I bet it rides like a dream. My Cervelo RS sits at 16lbs and rides awesome so I can only imagine the Storck at 13lbs!

Speaking from aesthetic standpoint, I'd like to see a slightly longer stem and no spacers. Fit comes first tho.

TOflat

by TOflat

The longer stem and no spacers may come very soon as I find it a touch high at the moment, but I'd rather have too much steerer tube to start than too little. Also, when I cut it, I don't want the extra spacer on top of the stem. Thanks for looking!

Roobay

by Roobay

Ditch the Decals on the wheels PLEASE 8)
nice build otherwise :mrgreen:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

da123

by da123

Love the build.
Sorry if this is obvious from the entry (I'm having trouble seeing any pictures - only getting the text - think it is some sort of work filter issue) but I wondered was the 809g for the frame completely bare (i.e. without hangers, bolts, seatclamp etc). Interested because I have a 51 Fascenario 0.7 frame from the same model year, and never had chance to weigh it before it was built.
Cheers,

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Cant for the life of me work out what is the 6g "true weight weenies might have trashed this little bit"?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com