Scott Addict R1 Build = 5085.95 (Page 3 for New Info!!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

SWijland, that is beautiful, and is now added to the must order list! How much did razoring drop, i have plenty of experience razoring carbon, took me 17 odd hours to do the frame on this! hahaha. The Record Front D is primitively tuned (bolts only) however i plan to do some milling trickery and don't see why i couldn't do a 50 gram, or if i bust out my carbon molding skills i cant see why a 40 / 45gm isn't possible? :beerchug: That would be nice but im struggling for time at the moment. My time is in Dereksmalls (WW user) speedplay tunes, taking a standard chromoly pair down to 110gm!
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Certainly deserves a sticky.

Excellent work!

(and merged with first thread, it's a great little tale of evolution)

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

how do you like the aerolite pedals? ive been thinking of trying these but wasnt sure....
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

impressive weight. but if you're racing, surely better to have functional weight (power meter, comfortable saddle, moderately durable tires?) instead of lead beneath your saddle?

(WW heresy I know...)

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

The concept of the aero lite is good. Yet to log any hours on them (they are hand built by me, not standards) so we'll see... Good question about functional weight. The tyres for me are durable, I probably get one puncture a month so something like a veloflex are perfect. Personally I'll never swap to anything else they are the perfect tyre in my opinion. The saddle is comfy for me, 5hours no worries... Power meter I used to ride, got bored so I took it off. My "training" is only loosly based around actual specific numbers. For me just ridin is enough to stay at the top of the game.

thencameyou

by thencameyou

fair enough. I used to have those brakes. i think they'd be fine if you were 50-odd kg, for me at 70kg, no good - slightly alarming seeing the arms flexing in front of your eyes...
you're brave riding veloflexes all the time on chch roads. no bottle cages?
for those of us who can't take days off school and ride all the time, the pm is fairly useful.

excuses excuses why my race bike is 6.5kg! (was lighter when I had my addict)

nspace

by nspace

Nice ride!

What is so brave about riding the Veloflex's all the time? Is that unusual. Only ask because they are my every day tire and they have held up great with a good mix of nice roads, not so nice roads, and gravel roads. I can get a little over 3000km out of a set without rotating tires.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

New Zealand roads are notoriously shit quality! And with Christchurch having 11,000 odd earthquakes inthe last 2 years causing even more havoc it can be pretty rough. I've got Veloflex on my good wheels and I ride in Wellington in the North Island. Roads up here here are pretty rough with heavy chip seal, degraded surface due to bad weather, not to mention corroded from cattle moving across the road and massive cattle trucks ripping up the roads too. Every day riding around here is on GP4000s

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Indeed NZ roads are terrible, im not sure why my puncture record is so good, being an Ex MTBer i ride over everything, glass, gravel curbs.... i find the rolling resistance of the veloflex, coupled with the cornering grip to be far to good to put up with anything else. they really are a fantastic tyre for me.

P.S. i run a 20mm (20c) not a standard 23c... would that make a difference

thencameyou

by thencameyou

weeracerweenie wrote:Indeed NZ roads are terrible, im not sure why my puncture record is so good, being an Ex MTBer i ride over everything, glass, gravel curbs.... i find the rolling resistance of the veloflex, coupled with the cornering grip to be far to good to put up with anything else. they really are a fantastic tyre for me.

P.S. i run a 20mm (20c) not a standard 23c... would that make a difference

aargh. 20mm tyres. not worth being ww here. try some slightly larger bag tyres and your real world rolling resistance will go way down (25mm vittoria evo sc / 23mm challenge criterium spring to mind)

1spd

by 1spd

Love the pedal you created! Do you have any pictures of the cleats or how the interface works?
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

its pretty basic really, i use the aerolite cleats (buy them from aerolite) here are some pics. Just to let you all know, these AREN'T aerolite pedals, they are built by me, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. I have loosely copied their concept but maintained their cleat interface...

it basically snaps over the body of the axle and you have to lift the edge of your foot to get them out...? Do you understand that? its not like rotating to get your foot out, its a "peeling" action...

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

I love this build! All the little details (homemade and tuned parts) really make it one of a kind.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Cheers, yes i like to tinker, but i have to be wary not to piss my team manager off in doing so... Hahaha :D But thanks it is definitely one of a kind!

1spd

by 1spd

@ weeracerweenie
totally got it! Not sure how quick I could get used to a peeling action vs the twisting that I and just about everyone else has grown up with. But man, the weight savings is ridiculous!
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com