Pro-Lite Cuneo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Wonderful attention to detail and great weight!

:thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roobay

by Roobay

this one passed me by...
well done
and well done for making it Sticky :thumbup:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

WOW! Great build, expecially for the first go! :mrgreen: May have to go get my CAAD10 powdercoated!

:beerchug:

hetchins68

by hetchins68

awesome bike !!! :thumbup: :beerchug:

Timo

by Timo

I know the black bike theme has been done to death but I still love a well executed stealth bike. Well done :thumbup:
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

mdloc0 wrote:Just wondering on the total cost you would say for something like this?

MDL

Actually...I built this bike on a pretty tight budget, there isn't really anything 'exotic' on it and I re-used a lot of parts I had in the garage. The cost of the components in this build are small compared to the time spent daydreaming, researching, fiddling with a spreadsheet, sourcing the parts, tracking packages, weighing each item, measuring twice/cutting once, sanding/stripping/buffing, ordering the correct tools, careful assembly technique, etc.

dcj9

by dcj9

clever build list, and you've managed to carry through the matt look to synchronise most of the components which looks great :thumbup:

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

scotty wrote:Have you any feedback on the bottle cage?
It looks nice and light... I'm just wondering if it holds on to the bottles well...
Thanks

Scotty, the Smud ultralite is designed for Tacx bottles, that's all I've tried so far. I definitely don't worry about the bottle falling out. It's a very tight fit and it subsequently takes a bit of finesse to remove and insert a bottle. I imagine a racer would want something more practical. The countersunk M5 alloy bolts which were included had a 2mm shank which prevented the bolts from tightening down on the thin cage - I sourced replacements (M5x10) on my own.

Vdzupdate

by Vdzupdate

Great inspiration, i'm working on a nice WW too, pics will come next week.. Thanks!

yeaitsdave

by yeaitsdave

very slick. I'm impressed by the weight, nothing is super exotic, but just extremely well done and thought out

KB

by KB

Very good attention to detail and well thought out. It looks great and kudos for building something that is not super exotic and therefore not expensive.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

No offense...just wondering why a 14.5lb bike is a sticky on Weightweenies? Shouldn't we be encouraging more lightweight builds so this doesn't turn into roadbikereview forum? :noidea:

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Sort of agree, but it is a great build for the price, so I am guessing they want to encourage people to have a go and not be put off by the need for exotic components, just careful selection?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Yes I agree, but weight has to be of some importance. No?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Because we feel that showing the craft that the OP did with both component choice, re-finish of the frame and final weight is deserving of being recognised.

Throwing a wad of cash to get a WW bike is one thing. To do it on a budget and have it look like this has and in Aluminium no less is praise worthy.

Of course you can disagree, that's fine :beerchug: