2012 Specialized Allez (updated pics pg2)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

hasbeen

by hasbeen

johnnyedge wrote:
That'll be the first thing to go. The seatpost collar looks kind of chunky and heavy too so that might be switched out too.

The collar was the second thing to go for me. :thumbup:
I want to say that my Small frame with bb bearings, collar, hanger, and cage bolts came in at ~1375. Dont remember fork weight but it wasnt bad. Ive got Sram Red, SISL cranks, alloy cockpit, and carbon post coming in at 7.1 kg's if I remember correctly. New wheels are going on soon which will change that number so I will check again when that takes place.
On the wheel subject, I blew through the stock wheels in a month and had them warrantied due to bad front and rear hubs. The hubs say DT Swiss but they are 100% Formula hubs.
My 52 is now for sale too, but not because I dont like it, but because having a Spec no longer meshes well with my new team.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

johnnyedge

by johnnyedge

hasbeen wrote:
The collar was the second thing to go for me. :thumbup:
I want to say that my Small frame with bb bearings, collar, hanger, and cage bolts came in at ~1375. Dont remember fork weight but it wasnt bad. Ive got Sram Red, SISL cranks, alloy cockpit, and carbon post coming in at 7.1 kg's if I remember correctly. New wheels are going on soon which will change that number so I will check again when that takes place.
On the wheel subject, I blew through the stock wheels in a month and had them warrantied due to bad front and rear hubs. The hubs say DT Swiss but they are 100% Formula hubs.
My 52 is now for sale too, but not because I dont like it, but because having a Spec no longer meshes well with my new team.

do you have pics of your bike?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kangaroo

by kangaroo

Nice ride!

chancho3934

by chancho3934

I've been searching all over the place for an answer to my question and I'm sure you can answer it based on your build. I just bought the same bike (2012 Allez Evo) and swapped the FSA BB30 crank for a BB30 SRAM force crank. I assumed since both FSA and SRAM use BB30 that I could just drop in my SRAM cranks. But they just would not fit through the FSA bearings, even with some sound taps from the good 'ol rubber mallet. Did you have to swap your bearings out before swapping from FSA to SRAM?

By the way, killer bike, I may need to trash these stock DT Swiss wheels for some ZIPPS.

johnnyedge

by johnnyedge

Some little changes. New Sram Red chainrings and a Thomsom Masterpiece seatpost. Sorry for the bad cellphone pics.
Attachments
photo-1.jpg
photo-2.jpg