Crankset: Dura Ace 7900
Bar/Stem: Ritchey WCS
Seatpost: Ritchey Carbon/Canyon VCLS
Wheels: Citec 3000 Aero
Tires: Conti GP4000S
Saddle: Specialized Romin Evo Comp Gel
Pedals: Shimano 105

Weight as pictured (incluiding dirt): 7980g
Got a pair of Farsports 50mm Carbon Clinchers on the way which will cut the weight by about 200 grams but would like some more tips on where to save weight. But since I'm still a student I'm on a fairly tight budget.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HWWilson

by HWWilson

Nice ride but surprisingly porky!

Perhaps some lightweight skewers from Planet X and a cheap Selle Italia SLR 135 gram saddle from eBay?

Weight savings can be had with new pedals too.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Give us a complete spec list, for example:

Is the cassette DA?
What are the tyres?
Remove the saddle and weigh it!

Remove one of the barrel adjusters from the rear mech cable (you have two, one on the head tube, one on the mech).

n1klass

by n1klass

The cassette is DA 11-25 and tyres are GP4000s, conti inner tubes and Shwalbe high pressure rimtape. Will use veloplugs in the new wheels. And I know the saddle is abit on the heavy side but I can't really afford the lighter Romins atm. I do have a Selle Italia SL something thats lighter but my privates doesn't like it at all.

n1klass

by n1klass

Ok, so my new 50mm clinchers arrived from FarSport the other day but been busy at work so havn't had time to take weights. But today I finally got some time to. The wheels was specified at 1350 +/- 30g. I couldn't really believe my eyes when I put the wheels on my scale.
That weight include 44 red veloplugs aswell. The skewers that came with them was 47g. Now I'm just waiting for new tyres and then I'm ready to try these badboys out. The freehub is loud as f**k btw. I'm also expecting a pair of Look Keo Blade CroMo pedals together with the tyres so that would be a total weightloss of atleast 375g so far.