Clavicula DP and Octaramp Gara?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ole

by Ole

So, what about the Clavicula DP 73 vs the regular 3 ring? They both have 50mm chainline. Are they measured differently, or will I possibly be able to use the DP37 with Gara?

Ole.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GuNKiLLaH
Shop Owner

by GuNKiLLaH

Now I Got it.
MY YOUTUBE Channel - Helmet Cams, Notubes Working, XC Riding in Brazil.
My 9.050g Epic S-Works with custom paintjob & my CX bike

doccoraje

by doccoraje

You got it :thumbup: so, how it works and what cranks are you using?

Mattias Hellöre
in the industry

by Mattias Hellöre

GuNKiLLaH wrote:
njee20 wrote:Agree the black rings would look better!

Don't like the big jump in those rings either, I'm sure you're going to say it shifts perfectly, but I can't imagine that works too well! I just run TA 40/28 on the triple spider, couldn't be bothered to get the double spider in the end, it doesn't really achieve anything!

The double is five holes, no way I'm going back to 5 holes, thas 90's stuff :mrgreen:

Based on my experience, the 5 hole chainrings are stiffer thus can be made lighter.
Experimental Prototype

GuNKiLLaH
Shop Owner

by GuNKiLLaH

:up:

Today I installed my GARA, I was using specialites 42-26 and now I'm on 42-28 that GARA comes and... CHAINSUCKING all the time on the 28, what's going on??? Do I have to change my chain 2???? I never changed chains when changing my chainrings.

And gara looks too minimalist compared with specialites ta.

doccoraje

by doccoraje

GuNKiLLaH wrote::up:

Today I installed my GARA, I was using specialites 42-26 and now I'm on 42-28 that GARA comes and... CHAINSUCKING all the time on the 28, what's going on??? Do I have to change my chain 2???? I never changed chains when changing my chainrings.

And gara looks too minimalist compared with specialites ta.

Well, I guess that will depend on how worn was your chain, the two other posters I know that are using it, say nothing about chainsuck, so it must be your chain. I still can't tell by personal experience, but, hopefully I'll be able to do it next week.

GuNKiLLaH
Shop Owner

by GuNKiLLaH

News from the front... one of GARA bolts, is GONE :( a little mad at it right now but I'll try to solve this next week.

I rode it 5km (home, bikeshop, home) and I noticed that the granny (not so granny) was not aligned with the 42T when I took a close look... bah! :x :evil:

Limbo

by Limbo

Can someone give some insight whether there will be unforeseen problems if I use Gara on dp 68mm?
(I have already placed an order for Clavicula dp, but am tempting to get Gara. Hence it is deem better to seek some advice before jumping into the wagaon, and end up with a product of a wrong size. )

Ole wrote:Has anyone testet the new OctaRamp Gara from Extralite on the Clavicula DP 73mm? I'm tempted, but since the Gara mounts on the middle ring position, I'm worried that the chainrings will sit too far left. Any thoughts?

I'm currently running a E-Bones W, and I'd love to knock off 80g from my crank set for next year...

Ole.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

I would pass on the DP and get the regular 3-ring Clavs.....you have more chainring choices when using the small ring position for your 29 - 26T ring....On the DP you wont be able to use small chainrings

GuNKiLLaH
Shop Owner

by GuNKiLLaH

Just for the record: GARA is SHITTY IMO!

Still broken, can't change the bolt without destroying the small ring and a friend of my destroied his knee while riding with his gara because the NEW CHAIN slips from the ring. SHITTY PRODUCT I'll never use it anymore, lost my time, money and patience

nrsnow

by nrsnow

Ole wrote:
I'm currently running a E-Bones W, and I'd love to knock off 80g from my crank set for next year...

Ole.

I'm thinking about getting a new e-bones crankset. Currently, there's a $800 difference between the E bones and clavicula. For 80-100gr savings this isnt worth it, to me anyways.