Custom built light wheels. Who makes the best ones?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

RedRacer

by RedRacer

I am in the market for a pair light wheels and I don't like any of the big company offerings.

Who builds nice custom wheels? Looking for non-disc under 1500g.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

If you are located in Europe when try xx-light-bikes - i have had 5-6 wheelbuilds from him and they have been really good. My lastest wheelset is not lightweight but a compromise between weight and durability.

DT240S hubs (6 holes)
DT Revolution spokes and alu nipples
FRM XMD333 rims

Weight is 1369 grams with rimstrip.

by Weenie

ritcheykestrel
Shop Owner

by ritcheykestrel

I make beautiful ones. Have made them for many a pro and company. I built a couple of sets for Gary Fisher also. Non-Disc, Usually around 1350 grams for something solid and light. I can go lighter, But I like the wheels to last.
Ritchey BreakAway | Ritchey Swiss Cross | Kestrel 500EMS | Kestrel 200EMS | Kestrel CSX | Moots YBB Air | GT Edge TI | Colnago Track | Cervelo P2 | Time Equipe | Time Equipe Tri | Mondonico Anniversario | Many MANY others!!

RedRacer

by RedRacer

ritcheykestrel wrote:I make beautiful ones. Have made them for many a pro and company. I built a couple of sets for Gary Fisher also. Non-Disc, Usually around 1350 grams for something solid and light. I can go lighter, But I like the wheels to last.

Let's talk! How should I contact you? Maybe send me a PM?

ritcheykestrel
Shop Owner

by ritcheykestrel

Sory about that. I wasn't commenting on the post to hit up someone for business or something. So, sorry about that. Lol I was more just commenting on that I make great wheels. lol

Anyways, yep, I do make great wheels and have done so for over 20 years. I have built many a wheelset for different builders like SpeedDream, Fuji, Scott Moninger and tons of others. So, if there is any questions you have, let me know.
Ritchey BreakAway | Ritchey Swiss Cross | Kestrel 500EMS | Kestrel 200EMS | Kestrel CSX | Moots YBB Air | GT Edge TI | Colnago Track | Cervelo P2 | Time Equipe | Time Equipe Tri | Mondonico Anniversario | Many MANY others!!

by Weenie