Dropping Weight off a Full Suspension

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

IanB

by IanB

Gripshift wrote:
Tippster wrote:Do you reasise that the end caps fulfill a Safety roll?

Without end caps you greatly increase the risk of stabbing yourself on your bars! Serious injuries!

I'm not too concerned about NORBA rules. I bet it would take a lot of work to stab yourself with a handlebar mounted to a bike. Perhaps my Egg Beaters pose a safety risk, for that matter so do bike wheels and any other moving parts. Thanks for the warning.. :D

Sorry to wander off topic again, but perhaps you should read this: http://www.polaris-apparel.co.uk/discus/messages/1/577.html
Fortunately there aren't any pictures, but the point of entry was very close to the femoral artery to the point of being nearly fatal...

Tippster

by Tippster

@ Gripshift,

You must realise that by leaving the end plugs OFF, you not only pose a threat to your own safty but to others you may crash into.

Big mistake leaving end plugs off to save 2g to 4g IMO.

Crazy IMO.

Just my $0.02

P.S Apologies to ZACH for the thread hi-jack :wink:
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zach

by zach

With regards to the slr i'll just borrow some ones bike who has one and try it out. It won't be that bad I'm on a full suspension.

OLver

by OLver

I had a Filte Gel Flow (with Ti rails) on my mtb and switch for a SLR two weeks ago. First, the look of the bike is much better with the SLR! And, for me, it's more comfortable.