Continental Explorer Supersonic

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

King Weel

by King Weel

That is true, but my weight will not change that much overnight (I hope) nor the weight of my bike (on the contrary, it is getting lighter bit by bit), so the only possible difference occurs when trying different tire pressures; so you can say to some extent that there is some rolling resistant that is constant more or less. Moreover, I think I can feel a reduction of my output more than a more powerful rider does, although his reduction is more due to his higher weight. Compare to your income tax (o hell, why should you...); the more you earn, the more they sue you, since to their opinion, you do not appreciate that extra euro/dollar that much. Forget it, The Nokians are favorite now, going to replace the Ralphs for these babies!
Specialized S-Works Allez (the shiny one :) )
Turner Czar custom
Working on a new S-Works Tarmac custom!

JK

by JK

Ah, well, if you do not like them, you can allways sell them to me :wink:

I am curious where you are going to buy them, by the way, because our own Dutch online retail powerhouse 'B2B' does not sell them anymore...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

King Weel

by King Weel

Thats true, but they sell other Nokians, so possibly, I can order a pair. Otherwise, I go to Mammoet in The Hague, a good friend of mine works there, maybe he can do something for me; saves me some money as well :D ! Otherwise, Gypzybikz does sell NBX Lites, maybe they have a good offer.
Turner Czar custom

alain

by alain

I'm also going for the Nokian now.

I've looked around (mostly Germany and UK) for the best price on a pair of Nokian NBX Lite 2.1 and it's actually the sponsor of this forum that has the best offer right now (29.90€ piece)

:)
Titanium rules.

King Weel

by King Weel

Check http://www.bike-components.de/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=72&products_id=5433; although you have to order for at least € 100,00. I don't know about shipping costs, there can be some difference in.
Turner Czar custom

alain

by alain

Talking about Nokian, I just read in a swedish newspaper that the company is selling is bike tyres business. :? It says also that the new owner will hopefully continue to develop the range of products.

The complete story (in English) here :

http://virtual.finland.fi/stt/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=5800&group=Business
Titanium rules.

flat_chipmunk

by flat_chipmunk

I find low rolling resistance because of light weight but not great traction despite the knobbies compared to other light tires (pythons, etc). Volume is small too so sand performance is not great either.
Just my opinion