BB Tune sixpack ti

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

olly

by olly

Does anybody know how the BB TUNE Sixpack ti works? With 184.90 € investment I need to be sure!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Can you explain yourself a little bit more?

In stead of a sqaure taper, this is a six tapered version...
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

I think olly wants reviews, not just a description.
Apparently the SixPack (hex taper) is superior to the tune JIS square taper bb re: stiffness and strength. It is only compatible with the Fastfoot crankarms though. Which also are apparently a bit stronger/stiffer than the square taper Bigfoot cranks.
The Sixpack/Fastfoot set-up is Euro 398, plus shipping. With TA rings is about Euro 540. :shock:
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

spytech

by spytech

cadence90 wrote:I think olly wants reviews, not just a description.
Apparently the SixPack (hex taper) is superior to the tune JIS square taper bb re: stiffness and strength. It is only compatible with the Fastfoot crankarms though. Which also are apparently a bit stronger/stiffer than the square taper Bigfoot cranks.
The Sixpack/Fastfoot set-up is Euro 398, plus shipping. With TA rings is about Euro 540. :shock:

storck power arms are also available
Attachments
storck power arms tune hex BB.JPG

cadence90

by cadence90

Nice, bur Euro 479 just for the crankarms...so that whole bb/arms/rings setup costs more than 800 Euro. :roll:
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

olly

by olly

Thank you Cadence90. I should use the BB Tune Sixpack Ti with the Race Face Turbine cranks. I suppose it is possible, isn't it?

Spytech, the Stork Power arms are beautiful, but I need to do a bank robbery to get them!!

Thierry

by Thierry

olly wrote:Thank you Cadence90. I should use the BB Tune Sixpack Ti with the Race Face Turbine cranks. I suppose it is possible, isn't it?

Spytech, the Stork Power arms are beautiful, but I need to do a bank robbery to get them!!

No, it's not possible:
Sixpack is another standard, not compatible with isis or square taped. I think that only tune and storck use it.
Go with the new tune bigfoot (called fastfoot) who accept the sixpack

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com