Magura HS33 vs V-brakes Shimano XTR

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pheel

by Pheel

which is best? hs33 or xtr? I want change my Deore and have some doubts.Rui

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mr simba

by mr simba

HS33's are superb I changed my XTR V's for them and the increase in power and modulation is unbelivable!

visby(SK)

by visby(SK)

don't forget the weight...
HS33 are much heavier than XTR vbrakes... but the function is superb...

mat

by mat

http://www.magura.com/english/bremsen/firm_tech.htm :!:

magura rond fork including a hs 33 brake called "firm tech"
- absolutely great forks and even better brakes - and it's lighter !!!!!!!!!!!!

100% uncompromising function. The brake is directly mounted behind the lower legs featuring maximum
brake power because of self reinforcement effect during
rotation of the wheel.

Weight: 150 grams weight reduction compared to a standard HS 33 rim brake.

Unique design with unmatched function giving your bike a real cool and a "face" on the trails.

Equipment: FIRM-tech is only available as complete package, consisting of a preassembled HS 33 in silver on a Quake Air or 024U suspension fork.

Note: FIRM-tech can neither be retrofitted on standard MAGURA forks nor on forks of other manufacturers. It is also impossible to retrofit FIRM-tech on a bike frame.

Recommended use: Race, X-country

Weight maniacs warning!
With FIRM-tech there are no further excuses for a heavy front end! A HS 33 in its FIRM-tech version is an incredible 99 grams lighter than a XT V-brake. Together with a Quake Air you have a combination which will simply trash the competition both function and weight wise.

JK

by JK

ehm...

anything on a Quake Air or O24U fork makes a heavy front end...

DaveL

by DaveL

HS33 will be more powerful than a xtr , if you want to save weight and get more power and confort , go get a RBdesign lever. They weight 78g , have a longer lever. and are designed for 1 finger . Look really nice too...

DaveL

by DaveL

HS33 will be more powerful than a xtr , if you want to save weight and get more power and confort , go get a RBdesign lever. They weight 78g , have a longer lever. and are designed for 1 finger . Look really nice too...
WWW.RBDESIGN"SK

Danny

by Danny

I had some HS33's once, beautiful brake, no problems whatsoever!!..but like many people have mentioned they are rather weighty which is why in the end they had to go

by Guest

Are the RB design levers able to work with the earlier HS22 brakes, cos my old style lever require a change asap.. cheer Monty

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DaveL

by DaveL

Those levers will fit any kind of hydro V brakes. They also make a version for magura disc brakes. I have those levers on my KOXX XTP trial bike...