Light and comfortable saddle... mission impossible?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Moonbiker

by Moonbiker

moose,

i think the max is lighter and better padded as the slr xp ,it's not a soft
padding! it's a hard padding (it feels like foam from ritchey wcs grips or a bit harder) under the kevlar top,the thick is from 3-12mm (ergoline)

the padding from my slr after 4000 km was from new 5mm to 1mm with 80kg.

the 124 g now has 6000km and looks very good!
the 124 g max is only tested for one ride 106km,for me perfect,but have to wait ,because the racing bike isn't complete :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jamie

by Jamie

I with agree with Polaris and Bruisers recomendation of the WTB stealth v. My ass will not accept anything else. I had an SLK. I wouldnt return. If you value your bits this saddle is worth the 50 to 70g extra over typical SLR types IMHO.

jer

by jer

my wtb shadow V stealth comes in at 202g and it is more comefortable than my slr xp (IMO) but it is not as comfrotable as my buddies fizik aliante. The carbon rail version is a claimed 180g, too.

Knut

by Knut

Frankie,

how come that the link provided by Alfalund is deemed to be spam while the one from Moonbiker is allowed?

Just curious as to the difference??

JK

by JK

I do not get it either... weightweenie stuff is all about products, their weights and perhaps more importantly: Their weight / price ratio. If we all had a budget of €10.000, we did not have this much to talk about, right? Sometimes you just have to link to a retailer site to give an exampe, because a lot of manufacterer sites do not contain price lists.

Now that we are off topic anyway: I think that there is not that much knowledge on this forum as there used to be. Just a lot of "this is good" and "that is good", without very much argumentation or real user experience. (Luckily, there is enough of that in this topic, by the way). Some moderators take part in this, like Frankie B, who reccomends AX Lightness saddles. I bet he never ever rode one. Please do not take this personal: Everyone has the right to post whatever they want, I think. My only point is that this forum could be more usefull than it is. Just concentrate on that and not on deleting spam that is not spam!

alfalund

by alfalund

...have never been accused of spamming before.

Anyway, the TUNE Speed Needle saddles currently available at certain european outlets, are way lighter than what seems to be the 'industry standard' SLR.

Only slightly more expensive - still affordable for sane weight weenies (if that is a possible combo) - and WAAAAAAAAAY cooler!

If you can endure an SLR, then a Speen Needle will be comfy enough also.

Not a bad word about the SLR - other than limited durability and the fact that you see it on too many bikes...
Attachments
NICE!
NICE!

yoko

by yoko

Knut wrote:Frankie,

how come that the link provided by Alfalund is deemed to be spam while the one from Moonbiker is allowed?

Just curious as to the difference??

I'm also curious about it.

Just my two cents, since this forum is hosted by a company that sells bicycle products, members should respect that and not post any link that directly competes with our host. If the product is not on our host's items for sale, then a link to a another seller is OK.

Could this be the reason Frankie? If it is, I agree on your move to remove the link.